EWCM Days before ovulation?

JWC13

Reaction score
I noticed last cycle that I had EWCM a couple of days prior to when I received a positive OPK. I assumed this was normal. I'm due to ovulate any day now and noticed that I had EWCM both yesterday and the day before but haven't noticed any more today. I just tested with an OPK and it was negative (as it was yesterday and the day before too). I assume I'll get a positive in the next day or so.

Is it normal to have EWCM a few days prior to when you ovulate or does it mean that I've already ovulated? I confirmed that it was indeed clear and super stretchy (matched all descriptions of it that I've found online). I'm now wondering if my OPKs are wrong and I'm actually missing ovulation or maybe this is normal?

NM- I'm reading that this is actually normal. I just had a minor freak out moment that we missed our window this month :)

You're right it is normal. I've always had a few days of watery to EWCM before ovulation. The month I got pregnant with my daughter I had loads of it for about two days around CD10. I freaked out and thought I must be ovulating early (not good because we were visiting friends and sleeping on their couch that weekend!). It went away and came back again just before my usual ovulation day (CD16). I would say it's just a good sign your body is doing its job of preparing for ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->