EWCM in TWW

sheilarae07

Reaction score
I absolutely hate symptom spotting but it's hard not to. I had an HSG done on 10/7 (cd 10). It showed one good tube and one questionable tube. I had some spotting and mucus/lubricant for about a day, then it stopped. I got a positive OPK on 10/8. I had, what I would consider, ovulation pains and lots of EWCM on 10/9, 10/10, then I dried up. Well on Monday (10/14, cd 17, pos. 4dpo) I started having this thick, goopy, sticky cm that was brown tinged. Same thing happened yesterday (Tuesday) but it was more of a white/semi-cloudy color. Today, I went to the bathroom once and had the sticky stuff, then the next bathroom trip, it was LOTS of clear EWCM! I did an OPK to make sure and it was negative. I really hope this is my month and not just a wacky cycle because of the HSG.
My other questionable "symptoms" are:
Waking in the middle of the night to pee. (Literally has never happened, ever!)
Heightened smell/ Sensitivity to smells. (The smell of popcorn is making me nauseous.)
Off and on headache.
EXHAUSTED!!
I know it is way too early to tell but I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice or an opinion about my situation.

The brown tinged cm could be ib!! Your signs all seem promising!!! Good luck xxx

Thanks for the encouragement but about 2 hours after I posted this thread, I had a positive OPK. I just I geared up to ovulate and didn't. OPK was negative today. I had some mild cramping yesterday. I assume I ovulated either late last night or this morning. UGH! I thought I was halfway through the TWW but NOPE!!

The reason they do the HSG in days 6-10 is because a questionable tube can be cleared by the testing and sex is suggested even if you have some spotting etc because (lets say you had 2 questionable tubes) you can get pregnant right after the HSG. If your cycles are a regular 28 day cycle you shouldn't have had a positve OPK until the 11th/12th anyway which means if you had sex really anytime between the 10th and now you could be pregnant. Dont lose hope yet, also EWCM is not a reliable indicator when it comes to fertility, it's a good sign but it's not reliable indicator :)

Also sometimes having one questionable tube means nothing. My SIL has one blocked tube, no hope of reopening, and one open tube. She took 16 months to conceive both children while trying. Your body sometimes adapts to a closed tube and will ovulate more regularly on the open side as opposed to one side versus the other. In theory it cuts your chances in half, which seems reasonable but thats not always the case. Im afraid i can't quote statistics because unless someone is tracking via ultrasound it's unlikely to have accurate results

I have also heard that since your tubes are just freely floating that they can pick up eggs from either ovary. I am not sure if I believe that but it does give me more hope.
I was really banking on the HSG to clear out some gunk and helps us get pregnant this month. We have been BDing frequently to maximize the chances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->