EWCM, negative OPK?

sil

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I am on cycle 3 TTC baby #2. I got my BFP during cycle 2 which unfortunately ended in miscarriage. I am now 15 days post miscarriage (lost the baby at 5w6d) and my HCG has dropped back to 0. For the past week I've had creamy CM which has slowly changed into..you guessed it..EWCM!! I haven't seen EWCM since my teens (I am now 27). I had no EWCM in cycles 1+2 and no EWCM when I conceived DS.

I took an OPK, and it showed up negative. There were 2 lines, but the test line was not as dark as the control line yet.

Is this normal? Does EWCM come before a positive OPK? Could this just be my body playing tricks on me from the miscarriage and have nothing to do with ovulation? Any advice is appreciated.

First, sorry about your miscarriage. I just had one in September, so I can totally relate. Your body goes a little crazy after a miscarriage, so when I noticed anything abnormal, I just figured that was the reason.

As for OPKs, I used them, exactly as instructed, for several cycles, including the one I got pregnant. I have NEVER had a + OPK. I have, however, had normal EWCM and have been pregnant, so I obviously ovulated. For some women, the LH surge is short, so you'll miss it if you're only testing once a day.

Personally, I trust my body more than I trust technology. So I track BBT, check CM, and wait for that little pang in my abdomen that tells me that I ovulated. And we BD every other day from the end of AF until after O so that we don't miss it.

Good luck!

EWCM usually comes when your body is gearing up to ovulate , estrogen rises as the egg gets closer to being released and thats what causes EWCM. so its completely normal to have EWCM but not a positive OPK yet. now is the best time to BD though because the sperm can live in fertile CM for up to a week.

On the flip side CM is not necessarily any kind of indicator either. Many women ovulate and become pregnant without seeing or noticing any EWCM

Also for OPK accuracy you should test 2-3 times per day starting around CD10 for a regular cycle. Since this cycle isn't exactly regular you might not necessarily catch the LH surge on the OPK but that again doesn't mean you're not about to ovulate :)

Totally agree with previous comments, common to see EWCM before +OPK.

Now a question for all of you ladies, my EWCM did not line up with +OPK.... All of my physiological signs from days 14-17 were indicating ovulation was approaching with EWCM on day 17. On day 18 my cervix started to firm up & lower, and the EWCM was gone & cervix now dry. I also had a temp drop on the day 17 with elevated temps the following days. If I was only charting I would have thought I ovulated on day 17. BUT I have been using an OPK test this whole time & did not get a pos until day 19. Can your cervix close & dry up before you ovulate? How would you interpret this???

By the time I got my +OPK my CM was already back to creamy!

Again, CM isn't a good indicator for ovulation or potential. Using OPK's along with temping is generally considered most accurate but if you're very concerned you can request a progesterone draw which is generally day on CD 21 but if you have longer cycles than they'd have to do multiple draws perhaps.

Also you didn't mention anything else ab out your cycle so it's r eally hard to comment

Glad I'm not the only one then wlovew. I have an appointment with my Gynocologist in a couple weeks, so I'll quiz him then :)

Thanks so much ladies, I got my positive opk on day 2 of ewcm :) now the ewcm is gone but opk is still positive so I'll keep up with the bd! Pretty good timing this cycle so fingers are crossed.

So glad to read this! I had EWCM this morning but a negative OPK too!

Totally agree with previous comments, common to see EWCM before +OPK.

Now a question for all of you ladies, my EWCM did not line up with +OPK.... All of my physiological signs from days 14-17 were indicating ovulation was approaching with EWCM on day 17. On day 18 my cervix started to firm up & lower, and the EWCM was gone & cervix now dry. I also had a temp drop on the day 17 with elevated temps the following days. If I was only charting I would have thought I ovulated on day 17. BUT I have been using an OPK test this whole time & did not get a pos until day 19. Can your cervix close & dry up before you ovulate? How would you interpret this???

Sometimes you can get EWCM and not ovulate also sometimes ovulation can come with no EWCM. I have found cervical position changes throughout the day so its not a very good indication.

Sorry to hear about your mc :(

I had crazy amounts of EWCM on cd11 and 12 and cd12 and 13 I had blaring positive OPK's. Then I dried right up. I made sure to bd on those two days though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->