EWCM or Sperm??

mpayne186

Reaction score
Every month it seems like I have a whole new load of questions! I am trying to be more aware of my CM. I am currently on CD17 and for the past few days I've noticed heavy EWCM...I think! That's where my main question lies this month... since my husband and I have been doing the BD the past few days, is there any chance that what I'm seeing is actually "left over" semen and NOT CM? Could it be Pre-Seed as well??

It's exactly what I would think EWCM was supposed to look like, but being that 3 of my different brands of ovulation predictor kits are giving 3 different results, I'm wondering if I didn't really ovulate at all this month?? I feel like these predictor kits are just complicating things and I need to just go off of BBT and CM. Anyone else have MORE stress from using predictor kits??

i would guess it is EWCM rather than sperm because left over sperm is very runny and not thick and stretchy.

i dont use any methods but i just keep an eye on CM.

I have exactly the same problem!! I find it hard to tell between the two. I now put it on some tissue... if it soaks in it is sperm... if it doesn't it is EWCM :)

Sperm is slightly cloudy and breaks more easily on stretching. Ewmc is clear, shiny and can be stretched further without breaking. Hope that helps:) xxx

Sperm is very runny. It also has a much more sticky texture and is a lot more white and cloudy, whereas EWCM is clear and stretchy. Also, sperm has a certain smell to it. Don't know how to quite explain it but if you ever get the courage to know what yours smells like vs your husband I would give it a shot!

Every month it seems like I have a whole new load of questions! I am trying to be more aware of my CM. I am currently on CD17 and for the past few days I've noticed heavy EWCM...I think! That's where my main question lies this month... since my husband and I have been doing the BD the past few days, is there any chance that what I'm seeing is actually "left over" semen and NOT CM? Could it be Pre-Seed as well??

It's exactly what I would think EWCM was supposed to look like, but being that 3 of my different brands of ovulation predictor kits are giving 3 different results, I'm wondering if I didn't really ovulate at all this month?? I feel like these predictor kits are just complicating things and I need to just go off of BBT and CM. Anyone else have MORE stress from using predictor kits??

Note this is my experience anyhow if you stick to one brand opk. You won't go as crazy as with 3. And it would depend if it is sort of stretchy, it would be the ewcm your thinking of. and all depends on how much preseed you use as well. Use them all (the BBT/CM/OPK), just stick to predictable intervals of testing (like 8am and 8pm) and the brand of opk you trust the most. And a prenatal that has a dha pill may not hurt (to be safe consult a dr or pharmacist on the recommendation of what would be safe for you to use).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->