ewcm? should i put on chart?

genesismarie

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
Let me just start by saying I've never experienced ewcm for myself.
Today I'm CD 7 my cycles range from 26-30 days. Lately settling around 26&27 day cycles. After two days of not being in the mood to dtd (started my new job) I suddenly wanted to jump on my fiancee. Something in my gut told me something was up so I took a opk and it was negative I started to leave the bath but I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was still up so I checked my cm it's clear mixed with white and it stretches pretty far with out breaking. It's now completely egg consistency cause sometimes I could get it to strech sometimes it wouldn't so I guess it's a mix.
Can some of you ladies help me out should I record this on my chart? I will keep checking cm and testing with opks. I have a picture may be tmi so I won't share unless you ladies ask. What does ewcm really mean in regards to my cycle? My and hubby to be dtd just to be on the safe side. I will admit I'm excited:happydance:

Genesis

I don't think anybody cares if you share a picture. I don't think once you start TTC you can be grossed out anymore. It's easier to help you out if we can see it.

What you're describing sounds like streaked EWCM, which is still fertile. As far as what it means - it basically just means there's a pretty safe environment for the swimmers to get where they're going if you BD while you have it. In the average woman, it's usually a sign you're either in your fertile window or getting close to it. It doesn't always mean that for everyone, as some get random patches of it for no rhyme or reason, but it's typically how things go...you get EWCM, and you know your body is getting ready to O within the next few days or so, and any BDing will result in a nice, safe environment for the swimmers!

Hopefully that helps!

thank you for posting. here are the pics I got.
im hopping it means something good and if im going to ovulate soon let me just say I have totally been missing the mark :dohh: this is my first time getting anything resembling proper cm. I have been drink cranberry juice regularly and took some probiotics. last cycle I had a yeast infection got that clear up with meds and been doing the probiotics and cranberry juice ever since didn't think it was making much of a difference but I guess so:happydance:

Attachments

• IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 11
I think I'd call this a mixture of creamy and EW. True EW is completely clear, and yours isn't quite there. I bet it's starting to get there though. Usually the first time in my cycle I see EW, it's mixed with creamy, but then in a couple of days it has switched completely over to clear EW.

Have you heard of taking robitussin to produce more EWCM? I've heard great things about it...like girls say after taking it they're practically swimming in EWCM...I plan to try it next cycle.

I have heard of that! I tried one cycles but the ladies here told me I had got the wrong one I guess you get the plain one not multi symptom. After that I'll admit I never bought more. I like the probiotics though it keeps a healthy balance down there which can never hurt. And I did cranberry juice as a extra measure. Just my own little home remedy. Glad it seems to be working. May add the robitussin if my no bfp :)

Well it sounds like you're already doing a lot to help! Every cycle I get a bfn, I just try something new the next cycle. It helps me in replenishing my hope each time. But...hopefully you will get a BFP this cycle!

Thank you. Hope you get a bfp as well. What are you trying this cycle?

I get that a lot and chart it as creamy :)

Well I'm not trying anything this cycle....except to ovulate. I had a kidney stone and then had surgery to remove it during my fertile period. So we had to take this cycle off completely. Now I'm just stressing over whether or not I ovulated. The stone and the surgery and all of the meds have thrown my body off and my temps went nutso and I just have no idea what's going on in there. I have symptoms that I O'd and my CM changed back to non-fertile like normal, but my temps aren't looking like post-O temps...so I'm pretty confused. I just want to have O'd so that I can get out of this cycle and move on to one where I can actually try again. We'll see I guess.

Sorry to hear about that. I know what you mean about figuring out ovulation I still don't have it down pack. If I am going to ovulate in a few days which it seems like I may I have been way off so hopeful this new found cm will help me catch the egg this cycle lol. I'm sorry you had to skip a cycle but it's good your taking care of you hun

I went to wal mart today pondered getting dome mucinex and grapefruit juice as both are suppose to make good cm. But I just couldn't commit to wasting money. They only had the mucinex tabletsthat were pure not multi symptom. Is the tablets okay or does it have to be syrup?

The tablets are fine, but you do have to get the pure ones that only have guaifenesin. The multi symptom ones have an anti-histamine that can dry you up.

Thanks but no need as I discovered completely clear ewcm tonight. Yay! If no bfp tho I will be looking something new to try any other suggestions? Seems my own home remedy has done wonders for cm. My cycles are starting to settle between 26&27 but not a hundred percent on that so maybe something to regulate cycles if it jumps back upto 30. But I guess we will have to wait and see. Have you heard about pineapple core in the tww?

Oh and now that it's clear do I mark it on ff as ewcm? I'm hesitant too add it even tho it way more stretchy today and gelatinous and clear.

Yes, I'd go ahead and record it as EW if it's completely clear and stretchy. And yes, I have heard of eating pineapple core. I think they say to cut it into 4 equal pieces and eat one piece each day for 4 days after ovulation. I'm planning to do it next cycle actually.

That's really interesting I'm going to have to Google it and get more info

Hi ladies , hope ur both well. I'm new to this and as Dospinkies u sound quite experienced, do u mind me asking u a question about EWCM ? X

Oh absolutely, go right ahead.

Thank you :thumbup: I am so new to this, I can't stop finding what seems like experienced people to help me!

This is my first month TTC. me and the dh did start in Nov, kinda if it happens it does, if it doesn't it doesn't kinda thing. This is my first month using OPK's (next month I am going to try to tackle charting and temping) I got my first positive opk on CD16, i then carried on testing out of curosity and I still got a strong positive until CD18. I kept seeing people talking about EWCM and I didn't seem to see any, so on CD18 , I investigated (sorry) and i had it on the top of my finger tips and it stretched slightly. Was really clear and i know was that. But i am so sure I O'd before CD18 as i had pains Sat and cramps sunday. CD16/CD17 so my question is, is it still poss to see that after u O. Or do u think I actually did on CD18 ? I'm confused.. :nope: :dohh:

Also since O i have (once again sorry tmi) investigated my cm as this is my first time tracking and noticing everything and i have had WHITE WHITE milky discharge. is this normal? i mean pure white and watery? I have also been abit wet down there where as people say u dry up before AF?

was just seeing if u knew about cm and the stages of it and also any advice on temping ?

Sorry to blow ur brains out on info overload! :blush:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"