EWCM + Spotting, but negative OPK?

wishingwishes

Reaction score
OK, so this is our first month of trying, but I've been planning and charting for what feels like forever. Normally things are fairly straightforward - I get a couple of days of EWCM then on the third day I get a positive OPK.

This morning I had a lot of EWCM, which surprised me because I actually haven't had much CM at all so far this cycle and thought that maybe I wasn't going to ovulate or I was going to ovulate late. Then this evening (5pm) I noticed a tin amount of pink spotting.

I've heard that spotting and EWCM means that I'm ovulating, but the thing is, I haven't got a postive OPK yet. I wouldn't expect to ovulate for another 2-3 days or so as I'm only only on CD12 and my cycles are around 29-31 days.

Could I still ovulate in a few days, or do you think that the spotting means that it's happening now but I missed the surge with my OPKs? I'm so confused!

Oh I should add - I started taking evening primrose oil this cycle - could that make a difference to when I ovulate or cause spotting, do you think?

Yes you can still ovulate in a few days...I always get EWCM a few days before I ovulate....as far as the evening primrose I'm not sure on that sorry :(

Thanks Angel! It was more the spotting which confused me, as I thought that was a sign of having ovulated - I guess we'll see! I'm just going to keep doing OPKs and hope for the best :)

Multiple patches of EWCM happens, but I can't offer any insight into the spotting. Did you ever get your positive OPK?

How odd! Glad you got your positive though. Hope you caught that egg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->