EWCV???

CZara

Reaction score
Hi! I’m new, trying to conceive my first child and have just been introduced to cervical mucus tracking... wow the body is amazing and all this time I had no idea! We stopped contraception a month ago and I’ve had my first proper period so I’m starting to track. I’m concerned I didn’t get EWCV until day 16 and it’s seem to last 5 days! Is this normal?

Not sure which type of contraception you were on but on average it takes about 3 months to have everything behave as it should in a "normal fertile" cycle. That doesnt mean there aren't those who get pregnant a month or 2 or 8 after stopping with a BC method.
If it was condom contraceptive then you may have just just missed it as your cycles would not be messed up.
Either way, it is best reccommended to check your cervix ONCE a day at the same time, and your CM throughout the day for changes. If you start trying to use ovulation tests it is also best to pick one time of day to test and stick with it for the most consistent results.
Hope this helps some! :) I've been learning too

Not sure which type of contraception you were on but on average it takes about 3 months to have everything behave as it should in a "normal fertile" cycle. That doesnt mean there aren't those who get pregnant a month or 2 or 8 after stopping with a BC method.
If it was condom contraceptive then you may have just just missed it as your cycles would not be messed up.
Either way, it is best reccommended to check your cervix ONCE a day at the same time, and your CM throughout the day for changes. If you start trying to use ovulation tests it is also best to pick one time of day to test and stick with it for the most consistent results.
Hope this helps some! :) I've been learning too

Thank you, that’s really helpful, the doctor said everything will go straight back to normal as soon as it’s out (I had the IUD) so I’ve been stressing. I have no idea what I’m looking for really!! I even got the acronym wrong when I was writing the message haha, I meant EWCM*

Thank you, that’s really helpful, the doctor said everything will go straight back to normal as soon as it’s out (I had the IUD) so I’ve been stressing. I have no idea what I’m looking for really!! I even got the acronym wrong when I was writing the message haha, I meant EWCM*

I find a lot of the generic descriptions are misleading or hard to really mark. I would say fertile cm is less like an egg white and more like a layer of clear snot. Lol kind of like after you've been crying for a while and your nose is all runny. At least for me! I found "egg white" to be hard to dicipher.
If I might be so candid, again for me personally, arousal cm can sometimes look and feel like fertile cm. I don't know but maybe that can help you figure for yourself how it is in your body.
Unfortunately, to really KNOW it takes a few months of tracking and establishing what your "normal" is. As annoying as it is, what is normal for me could be entirely different than for you so just keep track for yourself, be aware of your body's changes, and take some time to become familiar with your normal. It's crazy how intent we get on instant results and worrying if we are doing things right. The good news is that there is no perfect "right".... But that is also that bad news haha. I wish you all the luck (and patience) in the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->