Ewww, horrible taste in my mouth at night!

RandaPanda

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm 8dpo today, and have had mild heartburn during the day for the past couple days. It hasn't been very bad, but last night, I woke up twice from a horrible taste in my mouth. I had read that some women experience a metallic taste in their mouth at some point during their pregnancy - don't know if it occurs early or later though. But this taste was actually very sour and acidic...almost like I had sucked on a rotten lemon! :haha: Could this be a symptom??

I really want to test, but am too afraid of getting a BFN, which I probably would at 8dpo!

Randa! That sounds exciting! I know about the heartburn being a symptom and the yucky taste! I'd test but then I'm a POAS addict!! Eeee. Update me!

Hey TB,

Well...I am starting to feel pretty foolish about my post, and also quite down because I now think that AF might be coming SUPER EARLY :( I'm really all over the place today with this whole TTC business!

Since coming off BCP in October, my cycles had been 29-30 days with my O date at CD 19, so not a very long LP (11 days, basically), which I was finding a bit worrisome.

Last month, I O'd on CD 15 or 16, and was SO happy because I thought my cycle would stay around 29-30 days, meaning it would result in a longer LP! Alas, my cycle was only 27 days, giving me an 11-12 day LP.

This month, I O'd on CD14, and again got my hopes up that my body was being cooperative. I'm on CD22, so 8DPO right now. I got some very minor spotting today, which could potentially be implantation, but I REALLY don't think so :( I usually spot for a day or 2 before AF shows. I also always get a migraine right around AF, and I can feel a migraine coming on fast and strong. So...despite the "symptoms" I had been spotting, like heartburn, etc...I think it's just the witch making a very early and unwelcome appearance :( If my temp goes down tomorrow or the next day, I'm out.

I honestly thought I would be fine if we didn't conceive straight away, but I'm still so upset (the raging headache doesn't help!) I'm also super stressed that my LP is likely going to be 10 days and that I might end up with a 24 day cycle :nope:

I hope you're faring better than me :flower:

Hi Randa, first of all don't feel silly! We have all been there. If you saw my posts last month you would know convinced myself I was pregnant too. I thought I had many symptoms and it just had to be. I also thought first month, it could be!

I'm sorry you think AF is on the way and I understand your concerns about the shorter LP. I'm on CD 20 and still don't have a positive OPK. I thought I was heading for a 31 day cycle but now I have zero idea when AF is due! If I ovulate today my LP is only eleven days, or I'm Looking at a 33 day cycle, which isn't fun.

My BFF got pregnant with short cycles, 24 or so days? And a short LP too. It took four months but she got it :) I have faith. Also you can take things to lengthen your LP if it turns out this cycle isn't the one.

I had a horrible moment, day, couple of days when AF came early on me last month. I have never had a short cycle, ever. Closest was 28 when I was on Vitex. So I too thought it was implantation - except I really convinced myself - and I was utterly devastated when it was just early AF. I just went into myself and felt really poorly about my own abilities and my fertility. I think it's normal because in that first month you are so excited, so full of positive vibes that you are willing it to happen. It's really hard to cope with.

That said, I am just as confident this cycle and I know I will be just as upset if I don't get my BFP.

Now. It's not over until she shows! I hope your spotting is IB. I hope your migraine fades and I wish for you that BFP.

& if it's not this month, it'll totally happen! X

TB, thank you SO much! Like, seriousy, a million thanks :hugs: I have been having a meltdown tonight because the spotting is getting worse (I think AF will be here to greet me in the morning!) and I just wish my body would do what I want it to do.

Even though DH is very supportive, it's very hard to be over here in China without my friends and family to distract me from things that get me down, so your message really helped! Thank you so much for responding.

I am going to take something to try to increase my LP, but I'm not sure what yet...there are too many choices, with a lot of contradictory views on if they help or hinder :wacko:

You said you used vitex before? But you're not now? Can I ask, what was your experience with it?

I'm currently considering the following to help with my LP and my CM:

- vitex
- progesterone cream
- red raspberry leaf tea
- vitamin C
- vitamin B6
- evening primrose oil
- royal jelly
- preseed

I just don't know which is the best choice...I've been on google all night, and DH just keeps looking over at me to see if I'm crying again :dohh:

Also...my best friend back home just gave birth to her baby boy today (a couple weeks early!) - I am SO happy for her, but seeing my spotting get worse RIGHT AFTER I got her email was disheartening. I hate that I'm thinking/behaving so selfishly!

I'm sorry about not getting your pos. OPK yet too :hugs: Keep me posted!

TB, thank you SO much! Like, seriousy, a million thanks :hugs: I have been having a meltdown tonight because the spotting is getting worse (I think AF will be here to greet me in the morning!) and I just wish my body would do what I want it to do.

Even though DH is very supportive, it's very hard to be over here in China without my friends and family to distract me from things that get me down, so your message really helped! Thank you so much for responding.

I am going to take something to try to increase my LP, but I'm not sure what yet...there are too many choices, with a lot of contradictory views on if they help or hinder :wacko:

You said you used vitex before? But you're not now? Can I ask, what was your experience with it?

I'm currently considering the following to help with my LP and my CM:

- vitex
- progesterone cream
- red raspberry leaf tea
- vitamin C
- vitamin B6
- evening primrose oil
- royal jelly
- preseed

I just don't know which is the best choice...I've been on google all night, and DH just keeps looking over at me to see if I'm crying again :dohh:

Also...my best friend back home just gave birth to her baby boy today (a couple weeks early!) - I am SO happy for her, but seeing my spotting get worse RIGHT AFTER I got her email was disheartening. I hate that I'm thinking/behaving so selfishly!

I'm sorry about not getting your pos. OPK yet too :hugs: Keep me posted!

Oh you are so welcome, I know what it's like to not have people to talk to about it. I've found a buddy on BnB and seriously, she has been my saviour! It's not really something I want to get into with my friends down the road as they have babies and I feel stupid. Anyway!

I did take Vitex yes and it made my cycle 28 days for the first time ever! However. I did some reading online and some people say it can mess with your cycle? So I stopped. I thought, I don't need anything that could potentially do anything to my already "weird" cycle lengths. I would like to ask a professional person but like you say it is so hard to know what to take, what is best, if it works, if it is actually detrimental - I have heard things about most of the things on your list from this site but again, it's sort of hard with anecdotal evidence? I sorta need the science or the results behind it. I would prefer to go natural first though before consulting a doctor for medication.

We are using preseed and though so far, no BFP, I'm holding out hope that this is our month! Will let you know if it works or not, I've heard good things but with no positive OPKs, well! It's hard to know.

I have the exact same experience. On the day I got my period, full force that is, after spotting for two days and thinking it was IB and I was so totally pregnant, my BFF gave birth to her baby boy. I was so enraged at my body for letting me think I was pregnant, I felt like a failure, my husband was SO excited about this new baby and he cannot wait to meet it, kept saying "wow they're parents, how amazing, she's a mother!" you know, as you do, but it felt like daggers in my heart and I felt like less of a person. So, I get it.

I also had overwhelming joy for them and happiness and I cannot wait to meet that baby. But it stung too. You aren't alone in these thoughts!

I hope that it helps, knowing someone is also feeling similarly and I hope AF goes away swiftly x :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->