Excellent news for ladies in same sex partnerships

Caterpiller

Not cooperating
Reaction score
This is why I sometimes love the UK:

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8225158.stm

That's spectacular! If only the U.S. would come around. We're such uptight twats! :(

yep thats wonderful.. its nice to see things like that.. hopefully US and Australia will follow :)

That's great to hear!

kinda sorta related but not directly...I work at a hallmark and we just realized the other day that Hallmark has started to acknowledge same sex couples as parents as well...we were rifling through some of our baby albums and all the new ones that just came out have extra pages in the back so that same sex couples can both contribute their all about "mommy"/"daddy" pages (so if there's two mommies then you take out the daddy page in the book and add the other mommy page). I just thought that was really neat

Very cool! I like that idea a lot! :)

It takes a village to raise a child - all they need is love, encouragement and positive reinforcement - gender ain't an issue. I have a single gay friend (guy), who is raising two children on his own unfortunately - but he is a wonderful father, it's lucky for him that he was the sperm donor for the kids - his partner died, and had he not been the biological father, the kids would have been taken by the surrogate - who turned out to be a real bitch. It amazes me that biology still determines whether you can parent when it comes to the legal system - I always thought it was what's in the best interest of the child, not who has the closest biological link. Oh well our laws are written by corrupt individuals who have no moral compass, so what can we expect.

OMG that's amazing that he kept his kids, good for him and I agree with what you saying honey.

X

Thats brilliant - my auntie and her partner have 2 kids together already, and unfortunately aunties name will not be able to be on the birth certificates :( But definately a step forward :) x

It is amazing that it has taken this long for people to realize that gender isn't an issue when it comes to raising children or anything for that matter... I am glad that the world is coming around finally!!

It'll take a few more generations to really get rid of the bigotry, but I for one will raise my children to respect people's choices - your life is your own - life it as you feel. Pax

It takes a village to raise a child - all they need is love, encouragement and positive reinforcement - gender ain't an issue. I have a single gay friend (guy), who is raising two children on his own unfortunately - but he is a wonderful father, it's lucky for him that he was the sperm donor for the kids - his partner died, and had he not been the biological father, the kids would have been taken by the surrogate - who turned out to be a real bitch. It amazes me that biology still determines whether you can parent when it comes to the legal system - I always thought it was what's in the best interest of the child, not who has the closest biological link. Oh well our laws are written by corrupt individuals who have no moral compass, so what can we expect.

that is so terrible! That a child will get taken away like that if it wasnt 'biologically' his if something did happen to the biological parent. that in itself would be crippling for a child. I hope that changes everywhere.

Thanks for sharing the link :thumbup:

i'm right there with you caterpillar - sometimes the uk does make me really proud!

I noticed they'd got the obligatory doom and destruction merchants at the end - tbh I never really understand the aguament that affording rights to gay people undermines the strength of heterosexual relationships.....I mean, can anyone imagine anyone ever saying " well, I was intending to marry John and have his children, but now the law allows me to have a civil partnership and register a child with a woman, I think I'm going to be a lesbian instead" ?

Honestly, are hetersexual relationships so fragile that they can be undermined so easily?

I think its fantastic :D Me and OH will have to have T's birth certificate changed, but it will be worth it. It is such a pain in the ass, being asked 'whose the mother'...

OOOH sorry off topic but MrsJD...nice avatar.......

Here here - I want to see more of MrsJD and her yummy avatar :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"