Excercise FTW!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by MariskaG, Nov 15, 2011.

1. MariskaG

MariskaG Well-Known Member

So I have decided enough is enough. I am tired all the time, I am feeling fat and bloated and constipated and i have just had enough. So last night and this morning I went to my first aqua aerobics classes and I must say I am feeling great. Forgot how good excercise can be for a person. I have alot more energy today, not feeling so down and gloomy and can actually smile. I am sure I will still have some of the pregnancy symptoms and pains but at least mentally I am feeling a little more fit.

What are you ladies doing for some excercise.

:happydance:

2. Belle25

Belle25 Guest

I am not doing anywhere near enough exercise!

I used to do aquanatal and pregnancy yoga, but gave them up a month ago.

I am now just doing walks to try to move things along!

xx

3. Chasesmommy

Chasesmommy Well-Known Member

I know what you mean! I started walking regularly a couple weeks ago and literally it changed my pregnancy! I feel so much better, the back pain is damn near gone, my sex life has exploded, I have way more energy, and I feel way better about myself :)

It might suck while you are doing it but when you get done this feeling of "I accomplished something today!" comes over you and you just feel awesome!

4. ashlee23

ashlee23 Well-Known Member

ive tried to keep up my gym routine throughout pregnancy but have had to start cuttin them down a bit and also now walk on an incline rather than run on the treadmill. its gettin hard to motivate myself but tryin to make the effort as makes u feel soooo much better xxx

5. poppytal pope

poppytal pope Well-Known Member

im not doing as much as i should, but feel tired after doing horses twice a day so that must count as something!

6. Cashewnut

Cashewnut Mum to Abigail

I've been awful for exercise since I've finished work. Every other day I take a walk into town and have a nose, plus general house work but that's about it >.<

7. sarahdilan

sarahdilan Well-Known Member

I go out with dog for up to an hour daily and go help my oh with the horse a few days a week. The fresh air really does help fight the fatigue. Not to mention I have 2 of the laziest teenagers go the world to run about after. Think as exercise goes that covers it nicely.
    There are days I just think f it and stay in slobbing about. Those are the days I end up with cramps pains and general feeling of blah. So much for taking it easy in pregnancy.

8. Finny88

Finny88 Well-Known Member

I feel so guilty because my dad has a in home gym RIGHT NEXT to my room! And what am I doing but sitting on my big pregnant butt typing on BnB! I feel like my job is kinda like exercise because i have to stand/walk for 12hrs and hardly ever get to sit down. Not to say that I am a big as a house...I got asked the other day if i was having twins cuz I look like I could pop any day now....im 26 weeks need to grow a little more lol

9. _Elizabeth_

_Elizabeth_ Well-Known Member

I use our home gym and walk the dog daily. It does make me feel better and then I get to eat more to make up for the calories burnt! :)

10. NicolaWynne

NicolaWynne Guest

I try to do 15 mins of aerobic/toning exercises every day monday-friday, then go for walks on weekend, weather hasnt been the best for walking though... occasionally do some weights on my arms too, i have bingo wing paranoia... x

11. AmyR

AmyR Mother of 2 girls!

I walked to the gym with my gym bag today, did an hour at the gym and showered there. It felt good. But I have not done NEAR as much this pregnancy as I did last pregnancy, and prior to pregnancy I was a gym rat! 6-7 days a week for at least an hour! I cant WAIT to work on my body again!

12. Audraia

Audraia TTC #3

After my 2 miscarriages where I exercised regularly this time around I decided to take it easy and just work out at home. Plus I have to wake up at 4 am to go the gym before work and that made my MS worse!

However I've gained 34 pounds at my last appointment so I started back to the gym last week where I do cardio and weight training daily. It makes me a lot more tired, but it's worth it! Hopefully it will level off my weight gain, and I do feel a lot better about myself. It just make my 10 hour shifts on my feet A LOT longer haha! Hopefully I can keep it up til the end!

13. jenniferttc1

jenniferttc1 mommy of 1 baking #2

I have done some mild workouts the entire pregnancy. I usually just walk at a 3-4.0 pace with incline for 30-60 minutes a day, 7 days a week. I always feel amazing afterwards, and feel like I'm keeping myself in good health.