Excited to have a boy but...

Jaylynne

Reaction score
I went to a baby shower for a girl and the clothes/hats/jackets were so dang cute I felt a little sad that I am having a boy :(. Feel so guilty and I wouldn't trade for a girl as I already love my son but I would love to buy frilly dresses and have another girl in the house besides just me against all the boys!

Anyone else having a bit of gender jealousy whether boy or girl? I don't think I'm gender disappointed as I don't want a girl over my boy and I know there's cute boy clothes out there too.

I myself wanted a boy and my OH was desperate for a girl. We found out we were having a girl at 20 weeks and only sometimes when we walk by a baby gap and I see all the little boy outfits do I get a little jealous. But I couldn't be more excited about having a girl. It's the weirdest thing, I wouldn't trade it for a boy because now I want a girl more then anything but I want a boy too...hard to explain I guess :)

Yep! I REALLY wanted a girl and I actually cried the day we found out we were having a boy, LOL. Ridiculous, I know, but still. Now, I'm over the moon about getting my little boy and just can NOT WAIT to have him here with us. But I do still have the "hmpf" moments like when I see all the CUTE girl clothes. It's not such a big deal when they're really little, but the difference grows as they do. Girls continue to have such cute clothes...dresses, skirts, shorts, pants, etc etc. Boys...pants or shorts & shirts. Blah. Lol. So he'll have tons of adorable clothes for as long as I can find them!

Exactly! I'm just so happy he seems healthy! Guess I just got a little carried away with the cute handmade hats with flowers today. I'll have to get a nifty hat for my son now that's totally boy cool :)

Exactly! I'm just so happy he seems healthy! Guess I just got a little carried away with the cute handmade hats with flowers today. I'll have to get a nifty hat for my son now that's totally boy cool :)

I made my little guy a tiny crocheted winter hat. It's black and white stripes with ear flaps and a pom pom on top...and a skull and crossbones on the front! It's ADORABLE!!

Haha love the sound of that hat!! I can't crochet to save my life so etsy here I come :)

Haha love the sound of that hat!! I can't crochet to save my life so etsy here I come :)

LOL, you should start!!! It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it! And, I found the pattern to my hat on Etsy! :)

I'm guilty of this :(
I love my little boy so much already and wouldnt trade him for a little girl, but sometimes I walk in a store and see the cutest little outfit for a newborn girl, or see a little baby girl with a headband and bows around her little head and have a little bit of jealousy. I HATE most of the toddler boy clothes that I see in the stores. Like with all the cartoon characters on them, and all the ugly colors they use. Guess I'll have to put him in cute little button up shirts, blue jeans and some boots :)
I am really excited about this amazing bond women say that mothers and sons have though :)

I think clothes they have for both genders is pretty boring actually. They all seem to be same stuff. I have seen baby stuff that I bought 2005 that looks the same as stuff 6 years later. Even toddler stuff seems to be the same. I will girls stuff does to have more of a selection in most places. I really dislike how everything is pink/purple for a girl, and blue/ green for a boy. I would really prefer more neutral baby clothes but I can't seem to find any place that sells neutral anymore, and anything that is suppose to be neutral seems really ugly. lol

I want a girl but deep down inside I feel like its a boy. We should find out in 2-4 weeks (if I can get an appointment in!). The suspense is killing me that I don't know yet. I wouldn't feel bad, hopefully your next one will be a girl!

Embrace the challenge :) I was really disappointed at first, still am a little, but have made it my mission to buy the coolest stuff I can find and not give in to a) endless blue and b) stupid appliqués and c) cartoon characters. So far I've bought 75 things and only 7 are blue, and not a truck, car or pooh bear in sight :)

Err...yes. Gender jealousy is the word for me too. However, I recently experienced something that made me happy. By nature, I always paid attention to girl-things in a store but now that I know that I am having a boy, I walked into Mother Care the other day just to browse. And guess what, as I stood there looking at tiny white boy-shirts, and cute boy boots, I suddenly felt excited.

I guess, as there is a bigger market for girl things out there, the advertisements also focus on it and we usually let the boy things pass. But if you start to pay attention, I bet you will begin to enjoy it.

I'm having a boy and Felt a bit 'sad' it wasn't a girl! But now I can't wait for my little dude to arrive! I think it's the whole asPect of so much more choice for girls clothes but now I can't wait :) my little guy has got loads of cute things already!! X

I work in a nursery and one of the kids's mums has just had a baby girl. She brought her to pick him up and I peeked into the pram. My heart melted on the spot. She was teeny tiny and had this frilly knitted bonnet on with pink ribbon and this little dress... I wanted a frilly little girl so badly that day lol. I felt really guilty afterwards though :( I reminded myself that having a boy means awesome boys toys when he gets older... Like Lego and k*nex and skateboards! All things I played with when I was little (I was a little tomboy lol).

So I don't think there is any need to feel guilty. I think it's probably natural for a woman to wish for a mini me. It doesn't necessarily mean you will love your baby boy any less :)

XxX

I was also guilty of this with Aliyah (i got told by my scans i was having a boy). Then when i found out she was a girl i was so gutted?! Had to take all the boys clothes back in exchange for girls. I hated doing it.It was strange. I wanted a boy this time round really,but obv over the moon with another girl:D
Boys clothes are cuter in a different way i think:)

i cant wait to meet my little man and im not so much dissapointed but yes i do get very jelous when we go shopping and there is endless frilly pink fluffyness and a little section for the boys, i keep saying to myself im going to have 2 gorgeous men to love me

I don't want my son dressed like all the other little boys out there. Screw dressing him in blue, he'll be wearing tie-dye! I make them myself. I have little tie-dyed onesies, pants and shirts in many designs. He's gonna be one colorful boy. Just like his parents. :))

I love having a boy, soon to be 2 boys :dance: they are so much easier to dress! After the novelty of all the cute outfits wear off and you just need to get your kid into clothes (because he/she will of course prefer to be naked and refuse to be still:haha:) boys you just need to throw on pants and a t-shirt, don't even need to match them, well because he is a boy.

dont feel bad boys are cute i have 1 he is mommy boy!!!!!!!!

My little boy is a mummys boy. It is so lovely. I think both girl and boys clothes are cute in their own special way. You just need to go looking at the gender your having and you will see and get excited.

I was happy with either sex this time as i have one of each but my oh was so disapointed that this one is a girl.
Now i think about it, i am over the moon she is a she. She can be daddy's little girl and zak can still have his mummy. :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->