Excitement?

Wishx

Reaction score
I am currently 10 weeks and feeling a little down.
I always thought I'd cry when I found out (happy tears) and when I first saw the baby but I don't feel excited?
We have told everyone except for my dad and I feel like i should be happier.. I've always wanted a baby and I am very fortunate to be pregnant.
Just wondering if anyone else has felt this way and when you finally got excited?

Ha. I understand this post very well. Those first ultrasounds do NOT make me feel excited. Instead, they make me feel so scared... I get just as nervous when I start to tell people, and the excitement fades away fast... like if I get attached, something will go wrong, so I refuse to get attached. Own your feelings, whatever they are. It will be just fine. You're in the double digits, so you're VERY, VERY, VERY likely to have a great pregnancy now. You'll start to feel some strong little movements on a regular basis in about 6-10 weeks, and at that point, it's hard not to get excited and attached. :)

I could've written this post myself. I felt excited with my first baby because... well she was my first and everyone was excited for me. My second I was excited because we found out we were having a boy (the opposite of our first baby) and my third because we suffered a few losses before her so to hear that beautiful heartbeat was a miracle to us. However, with my third, everyone made hurtful comments when I announced since we already had the much wanted "one of each" so I think that made me reluctant to share the news this time. This baby was an unexpected surprise and at the first ultrasound, I didn't feel excited at all. It felt routine to me. In fact, now at 11 weeks I'm almost to the second trimester and still haven't announced yet. I may never do so and I feel so guilty about it. Will I ever feel excited? Possibly... maybe when we find out the gender I will get more excited because we'll be able to call it by name instead of "it".

I always thought I'd cry when I found out (happy tears) and when I first saw the baby but I don't feel excited?
We have told everyone except for my dad and I feel like i should be happier.. I've always wanted a baby and I am very fortunate to be pregnant.
Just wondering if anyone else has felt this way and when you finally got excited?

Really feel you wishx... i've waited so long to be pg and i had my first scan today at 11 weeks but it wasn't the tear-jerking unbelievable moment i expected. In my case i think it's also coz MS has hit me really had and i've been feeling miserable for 4 weeks now. So tired of feeling like this and i was wondering the same thing as you... when will i start feeling happy and excited??? Hopefully it's just hormones and will pass and 2nd tri will be a more exciting and happy time :)

When I found out my OH and i kinda just laughed. My first scan was at 9 weeks and it was barely anything to see and very blurry. I've had MS day and night but not to the point of puking. I'm only 10 weeks but I've been uncomfortable from the stretching near my ribs. I have a doctors appointment today to review my blood work and ultrasound so I'm hoping they will schedule me for another. I didn't get to hear the babies heart beat, only saw it.

I also didn't get to hear the heartbeat but still... i really thought that first image would produce more emotion. I came running home to call my mom and tell her about it thinking maybe her excitement will rub off on me but tbh all i really "feel" all day is nauseous.Sorry to hear you have that too but glad you're not throwing up at least.

I'm not overly worried about a miscarriage but my mind keeps going to "just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I get to have a baby" which is silly for me to think. I'm sure I'll get more excited once it looks more like a baby and we find out the gender :p were really hoping it's a girl.

I'm a bit like this, ms takes any excitement and fun out of it for me. This is my 2nd so the first time I think my head was full of what pushchair shall we get etc and planning!
It was all new and unexpected so I didn't know what was coming haha I enjoyed being pregnant pahaha
This time my heads in the toilet but once I emerge from my new bestfriend I'm sure the excitement will return.x

I wasn't terribly excited either. I was mostly anxious and it wasn't until I was around 26 weeks or so that it finally sunk in that I might be bringing a baby home.

Just want to say too, just in case it happens (and it's something I don't hear a lot of women talking about), but when baby came out and they handed her to me, I didn't feel this rush of love that everyone seems to speak aobut. I cried bc I was overwhelmed. And I did feel an overwhelming need to care for the baby, but I didn't feel love for her until around 3 months after birth and then it just grew and grew into a love like I've never experienced. But I felt awful for the first 3 months bc all I felt was this need to keep baby safe and care for her, but didn't feel any bond (as in, didn't really feel like she was my daughter but more like someone handed me this baby and it's my job to care for her) So just putting this out there just in case someone reads this and goes thru the same thing. It's not always like what you hear women describe. Oh, and I wasn't depressed so this wasn't postpartum depression; I think it was survival mode LOL

I felt a bit like this. I was super excited when I first found out but then I was so ill for the first 16 weeks, I struggled to feel excited as such. I was happy to be pregnant but not excited about it. Once the sickness calmed down, I began to feel more excited. The 20 week scan made me feel a lot more excited, we found out the gender and that baby was well anatomy wise. As the weeks have gone on I do now feel pretty bonded to baby and excited that the due date is just a couple months away! I still find it a bit mind blowing that there is a baby in there and she'll be mine!

I never took it as a bad thing, it's hard to feel anything but miserable when you feel really unwell for 16 weeks straight. Plus, 9 months is a long time. You can look forward to something 9 months in the future but the real excitement comes closer to the time in my opinion! Don't worry about it at all, your bond with baby will come as your pregnancy progresses I'm sure :)

I think I just don't overly feel pregnant. Yeah I have morning sickness and can feel everything stretching/cramping but it hasn't fully sunk in. I went to my doctors and I'm incredibly low in b12 and vitamin d so I have to double both. I opted to get the b12 shots once a month. I go for an ultrasound on the 22nd to check for down syndrome and spina bifibia

Hey, I had a similar situation I wouldn't say lack of excitement but more like disbelief. I had two miscarriages last year the first in January and the second in September so this January when I first got my bfp I didn't believe and took like 10 test that day. I was a little shocked as I was told it was impossible for me to conceive naturally after my last mc but I was relatively calm, I just new the first time I saw my lo or heard the hb would bust into to tears with joy but I didn't I guess I was still in shock, Even now at 13+3 I still don't always believe that I'm pregnant and I believe im starting to feel the baby move. I think that's when I first started to get excited excited and relax. I think the first time I actually cried or felt like overwhelming excitement was at 12+2 when I heard the hb again and that was only because she had a little trouble finding my lovebug... its good at hide and seek already lol. SO Id say its normal especially if you've experienced losses. I think we have a harder time allowing ourselves to get comfortable and excited as subconsciously your always prepared for it to end abruptly. The excitement will come im sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->