excuses not to drink alcohol!!!

Lollip0p

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Me and my hubby got married just over 6 weeks ago and I missed out my hen do as our daughter was rushed into hospital for an emergency operation and my hen do was the same day, so of course I stayed with my daughter and re arranged the night out for august bank holiday (re arranged it at the beginning of June) I have found out I am now pregnant on weds evening and now I'm struggling on what I am going to say to people for me not to be drinking! And I am the hen so it's not like I can say I don't fancy drinking... I will drive etc....

We are seeing the Dreamboys and then going clubbing

Any ideas or help would be fab, and I can't rearrange it again as I would be loosing £300. I don't ideally want to tell anyone I'm pregnant yet.

Thanks

That's a tough one. When I was in the early stages of this pregnancy I had someone's leaving party at work and I ended up saying that I had to drive as I needed to leave slightly early as my mum was babysitting as my OH wasn't at home. I just said she was watching the boys at my house and she doesn't like staying out to late. No one guessed. Hope you think of something and congratulations xx

My mum and the mil is coming and hubby is watching our daughter so I can't really use and excuse like that.
Perhaps I should maybe tell my mum and maybe a friend I'm pregnant and just get them to buy me drinks of coke but tell everyone else its a vodka and coke.
Thanks! Didn't think I would fall pregnant so quickly only came off the pill end of June and haven't had a period since my withdrawal bleed. X

Perhaps I should maybe tell my mum and maybe a friend I'm pregnant and just get them to buy me drinks of coke but tell everyone else its a vodka and coke.

That's what I would do. Tell your mom and your closest friend and they can cover for you.

Or just tell them the doctor just put you on a medication that you're not allowed to drink with.

Antibiotics for something, like toothache?!

I've got to come up with a good reason too. My sisters are coming into town and we usually drink wine and have drinks when we go out. I've thought about just telling them, but I'm actually kind of enjoying having the secret to ourselves for awhile.

If you dont want to tell anybody, go down the antibiotic route

If you're OK with telling your mom and/or one friend, that's going to be the easiest out. If someone else gets you a drink, which they probably will, just do a pretend sip (I've done some of those) and have your mom/friend swap it out. In my first pregnancy, DH went with me to a party and had the bartender give me soda water with a lime in it so it would look like vodka sodas, which is what I usually drink.

Antibiotics are always a good fall back. Although, it depends on how perceptive your friends are. My friend group is always suspicious if you say you're on antibiotics. :haha:

I just found out this morning.. and am going to a concert tomorrow with three of my girlfriends. I already told one.. but one of them is OHs sister. He wanted to wait to tell her.. but wednesday, we had already had the conversation of .. that I was going to take a "Drinking hiatus" until our girls trip to Vegas in october.. and she told me I needed to drink on Saturday... So I am making him tell her, otherwise.. she will suspect. :-/

You could say that you're trying to get pregnant so you're cutting out alcohol... Lol that's completely reasonable and not far from the truth!

see i know my friends, i will be inundated with questions of why i cant drink... and as its MY hen do i should be, which makes it even tricker to get out of...... i even think with the antibiotics line they will say go drink......... and what illness do i have to be on antibiotics?!

Urine infection so you are on antibiotics and can only drink water and cranberry juice! Good luck! I was at a wedding last night and drank elderflower with lime (looked like vodka and lemonade).

see i know my friends, i will be inundated with questions of why i cant drink... and as its MY hen do i should be, which makes it even tricker to get out of...... i even think with the antibiotics line they will say go drink......... and what illness do i have to be on antibiotics?!

Love the AB route! I work in dental and we prescribe Metronidazole 200mg for patients that have wisdom t/ache or swelling etc. Its a great AB but you must not drink alcohol - will make you almightily sick :sick:.

Just say you've got toothache, happens to everyone at some stage :winkwink:

xx

just tell you're on medication that doesn't allow you to drink, antibiotics or sth like that!

I went on a golfing excursion for work the day I got my bfp.. and I was like "I don't feel like drinking"… my golf cart buddy figured it out :-/ I couldn't lie or hide it on my face either.

As pps have said, say your taking penicillin for a tooth infection and you can't drink alcohol.

This may be a bit personal but have you ever struggled with your weight? I find when I'm preparing for my PT test with the military, I don't drink for months. Or you could just have one glass of wine (which is fine while pregnant)? Cutting out alcohol when you're trying to get fit makes perfect sense...

"Ooo I'd love a drink, but I'm on antibiotics :("

Hi. Could people continue to post "excuses not to drink"
Because as I'm NTNP I don't want to drink and I don't want anyone from work to know I'm either planning on having a baby or suspect I might be pregnant. But we have a Christmas work night out in December.

Any other ideas of what I can say?
I like the idea Eidson23 has said about PT test, so I need to think of something 'believable' on that note.

Although my body can't handle drinking, only had 2 double malibu and coke last night and i got home at 10pm, I feel like I've had a hard core drinking session!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->