excuses not to drink alcohol!!!

You could tell them you just don't feel well. Anytime I feel under the weather I never want alcohol. At all.
You have a Dr appt the next day which will require a blood draw
Drank too much the night before
Trying to lose weight
On meds you can't drink with, whether they be antibiotics or pain killers, its a no go
You got a big day tomorrow and can't be feeling the effects of a hangover

Sorry that's really all I could think of. Sorry!

What is a hen. And if ur Christian,just say in the Bible it says not to drink: )

I am only 3 weeks 6 days and going to my sister in laws tonight to babysit, and have a fire. I know for sure they will know as soon as I say no to a drink ha. So I told them yesterday :p

A "hen do" is like a bachelorette party in the US.

Antibiotics for toothache that you can't drink with or you will get SICK.

These probably won't get you out of a hen do or something where you are the "main" person (because they aren't "strong enough" excuses) but will work for a company party or something

Trying to lose weight
On a cleanse/special diet
Went out last night, still recovering
Had a bad time last time you drank, off for a while
Early meeting/appointment
Religious experience, temporary period of self reflection, etc
Have a physical test coming up

Knowing it's your hen I think you may find it hard. Any other time I'd tell people to mind their own.

I'd go with the telling your Mum and a trusted friend plan but you may still find it hard if people buy you shots.

I'm fortunate that my friends know I don't always drink, I have to be in the mood for it and am often just happy being out and driving

I think good friends would just accept that you're not feeling it, and leave it at that. Unless you drink often enough that it's not in your nature to not.. sorry I have a sour spot for drinking I've never been a drinker so I've never had to come up with something clever. Go with the medication route seems to be the best.

I'm in the same situation having a Halloween house party on Friday and usually love the chance for a few to many wines at a family get together but don't want policy to know yet only 6 weeks. I actually was on antibiotics when I found out I was pg just over a week ago so can't really use that excuse either,

When I went to a wedding early on I just kept ordering drinks and "sipping" them then putting them down and losing track of them. Every time someone looked at me I had a drink in my hand, but I never actually drank any of them ;) So if you don't want to tell anyone that's worth a shot. But won't work if you think you're friends will force you to take shots with them or something.

I think telling mom and best friend is a good bet and then just have them help cover!

Oh reading this thread makes me wish I was really pregnant :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->