Excuses!?

Misskitty10

Reaction score
Hi girls!

..so have u all told ur friends about ttc? I haven't and am already finding it hard to make excuses when ppl are arranging for big nights out when I know I'll be in my tww & don't want to drink!
What excuses do u use!?

Everyone already knows im trying to conceive so my best advice to you is just to tell them. It wont hurt.

They probably already figured it out! That is what happened to me and they ALL knew!

I haven't told anyone yet. I usually go out and have like 1 drink. Doc told me no big deal. My personal opinion, I know others are deathly against it.

I don't drink anyway so no one is suspicious.

i just either didnt go, or went and volunteered to DD claiming i got really sick recently from drinking too much and was put off with it...it worked for the first year..i just kept saying ""uhgg i just cant get the sickness out of my mind! ill just drive for you all!" lol i told them after the first year and they still havent put it together.

I had a friend whose dad plays baseball on a beer league, and made pop can sleeves for his whole team to put over their beer so they wouldn't get in trouble. When she was trying to get pregnant she asked her dad to make her one, but other way around, so she could slip the cover over a can of pop and people would think it was beer. It did the job lol.

I don't drink much anyway, but all my close friends know we are TTC.

All my close friends and family know I'm TTC.

Doesn't bother me one bit.

I had a friend whose dad plays baseball on a beer league, and made pop can sleeves for his whole team to put over their beer so they wouldn't get in trouble. When she was trying to get pregnant she asked her dad to make her one, but other way around, so she could slip the cover over a can of pop and people would think it was beer. It did the job lol.

haha, that's brilliant!! :D

I'm still nursing my son so that's my excuse!

Lack of money is always a good excuse, could you say you're saving for something?

I don't go out, so it's not a problem for me! The joys of being in a new place with only 3 friends and a boyfriend, and it's only the boyfriend I ever see so it's all good :wacko:

I don't go out either anymore as my friends I would normally go out for meal and drinks with are pregnant:wacko: The other group of friends I used to go clubbing with have all had major fallings out but when we first started TTC I carried on my every weekend nights out but just bought coke and told them it was vodka :haha: as long as you dont buy in rounds this works!!

1 or 2 drinks won't hurt during the TWW then go on to soft drinks, no point giving up a fun night out. You never know when your next one will be ;).

Until the time you can find out you're pregnant with a HPT, 1-2 drinks is ok.
People who aren't TTC get pregnant and don't realize until they're 1 week or more late for AF. They live their regular life in their TWW without knowing. All their children are healthy.
I'd suggest if you've just started TTC, don't share it with a lot of people, if it takes a long time it gets frustrating to be asked 'any luck yet?' every month.

We havent told anyone as we dont want anyone to knnow just yet. Prob wont tell anyone until after we get pregnant and have had the 12 week scan.
Ther are lots of things you could do/say - offer to drive instead of drinking, like someone else said drink coke or lemonade and say its something else but buy your own drinks and as someone said a couple of drinks wont do any harm - when i was pregnant with my eldest i had gone on holiday with a big group of us and we were all out drinking - me included - and i didnt even suspect i was pregnant at the time, it wasnt until we came home and i did a test did i find out. My son is a healthy little boy now - didnt drink at all after the positive test.

Only people that know i am is, my mum, my step dad, my brother and his OH my grandparents and one of my closest friends :) so mostly family!

I have found that if you have alcohol (or say you have!) for the first drink then people don't tend to notice if you make it last ages or if you only have soft drinks for the rest of the night!! My experience anyway. my close friends know but not many other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->