Exercise Advice - what would you do?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by shalagirl, Sep 29, 2008.

?

What exercise should I do this week?

1. None - have a relaxing week

2. dance on down to line dancing class

3. Go to the gym

4. Go ahead take that step class

5. Maybe be do 2 of the 3 forms of exercise

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. shalagirl

shalagirl Well-Known Member

Ok here's my exercise quibble!

Ovulated around Sat 27th / Sun 28th and bd a few times so am fairly happy for this month. My exercise routine is normally:

-gym tuesday morning (I can work at my own pace)
    -line dancing for 1 hour tuesday night (it's not that energetic, just fun)
    -step aerobics wednesday night (really hard work)
    -go to the gym again towards the end of the week (fri/sat)

So to give myself the best chance what do you all think about partaking in the above forms of exercise. Should I skip them all for a week or maybe just do one or two like the gym or aerobics?

What appreciate your advice, so I set up a wee poll (v pleased it worked).

So crossing my fingers for this month and don't wanna spoil my chance.
    Thanks everyone

2. DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke Matilda Tasya's mum :)

For this week i would just miss out the step class. XXX

3. Lyns

Lyns Mama to two <3

Personally I would do all that you normally do....on the basis that a/ your body is used to it, and b/ if you change a routine now....you'll always find reason to change it, regardless of what the state of play.

If your body is used to the exercise, then do it.....but work at your limit, don;t push past it. I did Body Pump all the way through my first pregnancy until I got too big (well she was 9lb 11.5 ozs!) and was losing my balance. ( I was about 34 weeks when i stopped)

Sensible precautions.....don't over strain your lower abdomen or back. Avoid anything that could cause you to badly fall (ie precariusly balanced), keep well hydrated and enjoy yourself!!!!!"!

4. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

just dont push ur self to much..uknow ur limits and how u feel afterwards...ive voted for 2 outa 3 of the excercises but att all of a steady pace :) u be fine at that im sure, and i wish u the very best of luck for ur bfp asap :)

and me sel !!! :):)

5. Chris77

Chris77 Mommy to PJ and Gavin

I'd say none and have a relaxing week. :rofl: :rofl: But then again, I'm lazy fat ass so don't go by me. :rofl: I would just cut out the step class and line dancing or anything that may joggle the little :spermy:'s....so um....yeah back to that relaxing week. :rofl:

6. JJF

JJF Finished at 3

I have a history of MC, they are UNRELATED to exercise but I seem to be paranoid to a fault and think that I don't want to sit back and say, did I mess up my chances of having a sticky baby. TOTALLY not wishing for you to panic or wishing anything awful on you, guess its my long way of saying don't do anything that would make you sit around in 3 weeks saying "did that step arobics keep me from cathing that egg" :) But like lyns said, your body is used to all of that it should NOT be a problem!!! They say to keep heart rate below 180 or is it 150, something like that so keep that in mind. Line dancing can get your heart to pumping so just that its low impact doesn't mean its good for the heart to race out of your chest either :)

7. Charlie5

Charlie5 Well-Known Member

I would do nothing, just have a relaxing week as even tho I know it's unreasonable but I would worry about jiggling it about ?! PS and its an excuse to be lazy for a week lol.

8. MarieLou72

MarieLou72 Mummy to 1, MC#2

I was going through exactly the same dilhema last week too! I decided to go for it. I've read that any exercise that you are used to is fine apart from spinning which apparently causes too much heat "down there" if you know what I mean! I don't think exercise can affect your chances of conceiving - the nurse at the fertility clinic actually said it was good for you as it increases blood flow.

Good luck babes!

:hug:

9. shalagirl

shalagirl Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone for their advice. Gave the gym a miss yesterday and just went line dancing. Think I will give step class a miss too and either go swimming or for a walk or watch supernanny! I find some kind of exercise really helps to lift my mood. I was on a high after line dancing as it was fun and a laugh and then late last night & this morning I've been feeling weepy. I am 4 dpo now and and just waiting for any kind of sign to show me I am preg. I hate having a life in limbo not knowing and waiting. So...defo plan to do some kind of exercise to perk me up.

Thanks everyone.