Exercise bike

Beautywithin

Mummy of two
Reaction score
Is it still safe to use at this stage??!! i no i cant go mad on it... and get my heartrate up to much... hav'nt used it since i was 9 weeks. now we have moved.. it is free and im no longer using it as a clothes holder lol x

im not sure... I probably wouldnt, but i know some ladies on here still go to the gym.. maybe ask them what they do at the gym...

Iv been used mine, but i had stopped about 4/5wks ago as my pubic bone/pelvis/legs/back cant hack it :(

It is fine to cycle in pregnancy, just got to be careful if out on roads because of ya balance.

Don't know really... the main issues with cycling during pregnancy are risk of falling off (shouldn't happen on a stationary bike :winkwink: ) or hitting your bump with your knees (not a risk as such, but it makes pedalling difficult/impossible beyond a certain stage).

So, how big is your bump? If it is big, then might be unsuitable to do.

Also, do you have any pelvic pain? If you do, then cycling isn't great (it can be uncomfortable at the best of times, but if you haven't done it for some time AND your pelvic ligaments are soft... :nope: ).

I honestly don't know for certain (maybe someone else can answer), but would reckon that you would be better off going for a nice brisk walk or a swim (if you have a pool near).

QT

Iv been used mine, but i had stopped about 4/5wks ago as my pubic bone/pelvis/legs/back cant hack it :(

That doesn't surprise me - sitting on a saddle normally puts a lot of pressure in that area :nope:

It is fine to cycle in pregnancy, just got to be careful if out on roads because of ya balance.

I think that she is talking about a stationary bike :winkwink:

QT

hello :)

I go on the cycle at the gym every week you will be fine, make sure it is not on a go fast and concentrate on regulating your breathing and working the muscles on the legs rather than doing cardio.

Edith Bowman from R1 said she cycled on a normal bike all through her pregnancy. Just be careful dont get out of breath.

Enjoy trust me you will feel so much better afterwards never mind virtous (SP?) :angel:

That doesn't surprise me - sitting on a saddle normally puts a lot of pressure in that area :nope:

I think that she is talking about a stationary bike :winkwink:

QT

yes i know she was, im just saying what ive read in my books about normal riding.
If, says its a good form of excercise out on the road, im sure 1 in your house is perfectly fine.

yes i know she was, im just saying what ive read in my books about normal riding.
If, says its a good form of excercise out on the road, im sure 1 in your house is perfectly fine.

Sorry, you didn't come across very clearly and I misunderstood you.

QT

I still go to spin classes and have been all the way through my pregnancy. I keep an eye on my heart rate and don't let it go over 140...so actually it's more like Driving Miss Daisy than spin! Stationary bikes are fine so long as you are comfortable and don't work too hard.

I still go to spin classes and have been all the way through my pregnancy. I keep an eye on my heart rate and don't let it go over 140...so actually it's more like Driving Miss Daisy than spin! Stationary bikes are fine so long as you are comfortable and don't work too hard.

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Wow I am well impressed, I couldnt even do spin before I was pg:ninja::bodyb: well done you!!

(I was looking for a bow down in worship smilie alas......)

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Wow I am well impressed, I couldnt even do spin before I was pg:ninja::bodyb: well done you!!

(I was looking for a bow down in worship smilie alas......)

Seconded! :thumbup:

QT

Like PPPPPP I spin and I love it. I am 25 weeks and spin once a week and swim twice a week, never felt better. I don't go mad, like PPPPPP keep my heart rate below 140bpm, which is hard. But I would say take it easy on the bike, drink plenty of fluid, but no reason why you cant do and you will feel so much better, I have found that any form of exercise has really helped me and they say the more you do the easier the birth!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->