Exercise, can I??

doggymum

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm just 4 weeks pregnant and wasn't sure if I should be going my normal exercise? I do two classes of water aerobics a week. What do you think?

Yes you can. As long as you were doing similar sort of exercise before its fine. Obviously if u were someone who didnt do any then try and run a marathon isnt advisable. I personally waited until scan but that was my own choice. After scan I intend to go back to prob 3-4 days a week. I used to do 6. Your body will no how far to go and when to rest..

careful with the jumping if you do aqua tho - aqua is pretty much great for being preg as youre supported, but any jumping is def a no no as your muscles down there are all moving about and dont need to be wrenched when you hit the ground. Ive also found that any jigging about like water running sets my muscles off twinging too, so i cycle my legs or kick with a woddle under my ass so that i still get the aerobic affect. Just be careful and if anything feels weird/hurts, stop. dont force yourself through.

i dont do a lot of excercise anyway just walking everywhere really, but iw as thinking that i could start swimming again i havent been in a while, it will give me something to do :) I have a scan today and ill ask the woman there if its ok but do you think it would be ok?

swimming again is great as youre supported, might want to be careful with breast stroke and not kick super hard if youre at the stage when things are moving about. some weeks ive found that i have to stick to front crawl.

also dont poke your head out of the water like a terrapin if you do breast stroke, is terrible for your back and your hair will dry :p

check with everything tho as you might have some sort of special thing which means you cant, most drs say swimming is the best thing tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->