Exercise during 1st trimester?

lovepink

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I got a BFP last week and now 4wks2days :cloud9:

I usually play badminton 2x week (didn't go tonight due to stomach cramps) and i am due to go cycling with a friend this week (for leisure). Do you think it's safe to still play badminton and go cycling/ exercise? I am going to make Drs appt this week, so will ask then, but wondered if anyone else has experienced the same dilemma?

Thanks x

It's actually recommended to continue exercising while you are pregnant, as long as you were active before. You shouldn't start a brand new exercise regimen and as long as your body temp isn't overly raised for an extended period of time, you should be good. Don't let the exercise stress you out either. I've been going to a personal trainer, and the trainer stressed how important it was to continue coming 3 X a week. Finally, I had to tell her that I could only come twice a week (due to so much morning sickness), and so far, that's been working out well for me.

I've just been walking. I'm nervous to do too much more til after the first trimester. Swimming would be okay too though. Later on I might play tennis with my husband but not too strenuously. From what I've heard though you can do pretty much whatever you did prior to pregnancy. I say just do what feels comfortable. Don't go over board or try to break any records, but you'll probably be fine doing what you've always done.

hello

firstly CONGRATS on your :BFP: !!

Well i was veryyy ocncerned about the whole exercising in First tri - esp since i had a miscarriage in Aug 09 - over a year now - sooo i asked my midwife anddd she said it is fine for me to do exercise - i have alwaysss gone to the gym (8 years i have been going!) BUT she saiid to listen to my body. and no one is going to tell me off if i dont go

i went to see my Gym Instructor and he came up with a programme for me - taking into acoount i have had a previous miscarriage

i just do 25mins in total - which is nothing at all compared to what i used to do - all i do is use the cross trainer and bike!! and trust me i dont push myself!! i go at a snails pace! ha! i walk out without even working up a sweat!! its brill!!!

but i have to keep an eye on my heart rate and keep it between 140 - 150

i would say call your midwife / doc and ask them for defo.

i googled loads (before i banned myself from google'ing!!) and it came up with all sorts so i decided i would just ask the professionals!! as each individual woman is different

i want to take it easy as i was so tired a few weeks ago - still am though! so i cant be bothered with exericise much - and this is defo not like me!!

plus my legs are hurting me!! Calve ache!! this is allll to come to you yet! give it a couple weeks and you wont want to do anythinggg but sleep and be lazy!!

xx

Awww thanks for the replies, that really helps. I think i will just listen to my body. This eve i have aching thighs and a crampy stomach (hope this is normal!?), so decided not to go to badminton. I will see how i go over the next few days, and carry on with what feels right and wont over do it. Thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->