Exercise? Hot baths?

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
Ok I have read on several different web sites concerning exercise and hot baths....

Exercise: I have read that if your body is used to your routine you can continue it while TTC T or F?

I have read you don't need to get your heart rate above 140/150, no high steps, no situps, no torso twists, and don't lift anything above 25 lbs T or F?

I have read you can only walk, no jogging, no running T or F?

I have read you can't do anything that can cause bouncing T or F?

Hot baths: I have read the temp should not be more than 100 degrees or luke warm, is that for preg women only or does it apply to TTCers?

I have read as long as the water does not turn you skin pink or does not cause you to sweat then you're ok T or F?

I have read that it is ok to have a hot bath as long as it is not longer than 10 mins T or F (because unlike hot tubs, bath water starts cooling off immediately and hot tubs stay hot)

Any advice is greatly appreciated RE exercise or hot baths :)

Personally, my doctor told me that I could keep doing exactly the same thing at the gym while trying until third trimester of pregnancy then I would have to reduce intensity... I am at the gym 1.5 hrs per day, 5 days per week...

I have also heard the same thing regarding exercise. I've heef if you're body is used to it then you can continue doing it... Thanks for responding

Exactly why I was told not to worry about it. I've been on the same exercise schedule for 2 years...

I can't take baths (I get yeast infections from them for same reason sorry tmi) so I'm not sure on that front, sorry I couldn't be more help on that front!

Another question....I exercisedd weekly 45 mins 4-5 days/week and due to lack of motivation stopped for several weeks... If I were to start up again at the same intensity(mod-high intensity) would it be ok for me fertility wise or do I need to stick to low intensity? When I had AF I would do high intensity and Switch to mod/low intensity during my fertile peek so I won't hurt any chances of getting preg... Long story short I need to start exercising back the way I used to(med/high intensity) and was wondering if I could safely go back to the old routine without hurting fertility chances?

The only person who can give you a definite answer is your doctor. Everybody is different and relying on internet searches and personal experiences can be dangerous. I highly recommend seeing your doctor about all your per-conception questions. That way the answers are tailored for you specifically. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"