Exercise- Spinning Class

linz85

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm around 6 week unconfirmed.
Joined a new gym before it was ready to open a few weeks before I discovered I was pregnant. Adamant I wanted to carry on, I booked into a spin class, which was this morning.
It was a killer, but good fun. My only worry is.. Is it too much for early pregnancy? Or is it OK? I want to do it but I'm scared I'll do some damage?:shrug:

Anyone else got any help? Most add's on the net say its fine to carry on doing what you was before pregnancy but I was only doing Zumba before pregnancy :-/

Tia x

From the research I've done as long as your body is used to the fitness/working out then it's fine to carry on unless your advised otherwise by midwife or doctor. I've been running since having my ds over 3 years ago, I ran the day before I gfound out. I was pregnant and then also ran 5k yesterday. I'm just going to take it easy and listen to my body.

It varies depending on who you listen to and what you read. I've heard if you had an established workout routine prior to pregnancy then its fine to carry on throughout as your body is used to it. Myself I run, do weights and floor work and that's toned down from before just because I felt before I'd push my body hard but don't personally don't feel comfy doing that at the moment.

As long as you were working out hard before its fine unless otherwise advised. I've continued with my regular gym routine since finding out.

I spin, and may continue to do so but not as intense as I normally would. I've also slowed my pace a bit with running, just makes me feel better.

I'm in a bootcamp workout class and I'm planning to speak to the instructor and make sure its safe but I really dont want to stop, my weight got out of control while pregnant with my first two babies and I don't want it to happen again. I weigh less now than I have in years.

I found out I'm pregnant yesterday evening and earlier in the day I ran 4 miles in my class. I cramped a little but suspected AF coming. Not sure if I should stop while cramping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->