Exercise while OV, TTC CrossFit, HIIT

feelingood

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new here. I tried to find a post about this, but no luck, so please redirect me if there's something already like this.

Any moms here TTC who exercise a fair amount? I do HIIT workouts and CrossFit. Curious if there's any rules to exercising one the days you OV when TTC. Do you go full out, heart rate up, body temp up, etc...? Or should you take it easy/skip the workout?

I'm finding many different answers online, and would like to know what you all think based on experiences. TIA.

I like to work out intensely and certainly wouldn't stop just for ovulation. If you've been doing it for a long time and your body is used to it, it shouldn't be an issue. In fact, increasing blood flow and relaxing are helpful for TTC. There are women who do the same workouts I do through most of their pregnancies. And I actually got pregnant last cycle while doing my normal workouts right around O. I ended up having a chemical pregnancy but it wasn't related. I miscarried while on vacation and not doing any workouts at all.

Thank you! That's definitely inspiring. I know a lot of people who enjoy working out hate to cut back or skip because it becomes such a big part of you. What you said makes a lot of sense. Thanks, again!

There is nothing wrong with working out at your normal rate while TTC. I have talked to my doctors about it a number of times. When you do get your BFP, the only thing that they warn about really is your body temps getting too high. That being said, working out is great when you are expecting just like it is while you are TTC.

I don't work out at a super high intensity, but I thought that I should ask questions like that just to know what I am doing.

I also love to workout! I lift weight and run and have been doing it for a long time, i figure people get pregnant while doing terrible things to their body (drugs) so doing something like working out and relieving stress HAS to be ok. I have heard lots of times that if its something you are used to, continuing on should not be a problem. I think NOT working out would put me in a worse place for ttc bc working out gives my mind something else to focus on other than the tww. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->