• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Exercise while TTC?

1nceUponATime

Reaction score
I stay pretty fit and normally exercise about an hour a day 5-6 times per week...It is not intense training or anything, It is probably about 25 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of weights, and the rest is stretching. Lately, I've been curbing back to about 4-5 times a week because I am afraid that it might somehow prevent me from conceiving? My first round of clomid will be coming up end of November, early December....I guess the question here is...Should I scale back even further, do I continue normal exercise routine during (HOPEFULLY!) ovulation?.....I just do not want to screw this up!

Advice anyone?

I always worked out even worked out whilst pregnant.
I scaled it down when I was ttc the first time round, cut down excercises, sugar and coffee after 9months I got fairly sick of it. The month before I got pregnant I went back full weight training and started going out drinking and living life.

It could take a month to pregnant or it could take a year. Working out is healthy you'll be fine as you are.

One thing I definitely did was focus on more yoga based exercise rather than cardio for some reason, maybe because Im a yoga teacher lol but we'll see

TTC probably isn't a great time to start a NEW exercise routine but maintaining your existing fitness routine should be perfectly fine.
I will warn you though that I usually do a similar workout to yours (I run a 5K about 5 times a week and add in weight/plyo training a few times a week) and my cycles are pretty long. I don't usually ovulate until CD20ish

I have been doing less anyhow, just really busy with life....I'm due to start my first round of clomid in a couple weeks, and I just don't want to screw anything up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"