Exercise?

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Typical me, starting to panic about doing zero exercise after I get my BFP and not before! I'd like to start getting some exercise so I'm in as good shape as I can be for giving birth. What exercise are you all doing? Is there anything we should avoid?

I'm avoiding anything I didn't do pre pregnancy, so that just leaves walking and the odd light swim for me.
You shouldn't do any abs work as far as I know and nothing dangerous/impact sports or where you might fall get injured etc.
Xx

I'd agree that if you didn't do a lot before getting pregnant it's probably not the time to start going mad. Plenty of walking, going swimming and maybe looking up some pregnancy exercise classes (yoga and such) could be a good idea though. I did no formal exercise before my first baby but stayed fit up to birth with lots of walking and I think staying active definitely helped.

Thanks, won't go mad perhaps just a brisk walk/light jog? What about bike riding, is that ok?

Bike riding is fine, and is lower impact on your knees than jogging (which isn't a big deal right now but could be as your belly grows! :happydance: )

Stationary bikes are the safest because you can't wreck those. If you're riding a bike outside, there are obviously more risks (wrecks, cars, etc.).

I hope your exercise goes well! I'm kind of in the same boat! I used to teach group fitness classes but haven't done any form of exercise in over a year :dohh:

I am making sure to exercise. I did exercise before though. Not daily, but I was a regular either running at the park or visiting the gym. I am already gaining weight at 7 weeks, so I am a little freaked out too. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->