Exercise

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
I think I've posted this before but I have a question about exercise.....
What cardio exercises are safe for TTC? I'm not looking to run a marathon or body build... Just lose a few pounds and be overall healthy...my biggest fear is over doing it while in my fertile period and screwing up ovulation or over doing it in the TWW and having a MC...any suggestions or ideas?

im no doc but im pretty sure what u have been doing or if starting new gradually build it up. so go from walking to adding some running. or light weights building up bit by bit. i belong on a running page and ladies have ran 1/2 marathons then found out afterwards that they have been preg. good luck being healthy willprob improve your chances too.

My doctor has said that as long as you don't jump into anything way insane you are fine. He has told me to keep doing what I normally do and slowly increase difficulty over time if I want to. He also strongly encouraged me to do ab and core exercises now and that I can continue them into my first trimester as long as I'm doing them in advance.

Once you get pregnant, whatever you've been doing up to that point is safe to continue because your muscles are used to it.

What I currently do is a combination of pilates & T25. T25 is a little intense if you are new to it but I had been doing Jillian Michaels workouts before so I just started out doing the moderated version at first and now do about 3/4 regular and 1/4 moderated, depending on the workout.

I suppose it really depends on your current fitness levels.

I used to go running but haven't done so for a few months. I've started again just to be healthy and as we're ttc I'm sticking to long brisk walks or gentle jogging rather than anything more demanding.

My doctor has said that as long as you don't jump into anything way insane you are fine. He has told me to keep doing what I normally do and slowly increase difficulty over time if I want to. He also strongly encouraged me to do ab and core exercises now and that I can continue them into my first trimester as long as I'm doing them in advance.

Once you get pregnant, whatever you've been doing up to that point is safe to continue because your muscles are used to it.

What I currently do is a combination of pilates & T25. T25 is a little intense if you are new to it but I had been doing Jillian Michaels workouts before so I just started out doing the moderated version at first and now do about 3/4 regular and 1/4 moderated, depending on the workout.

Agreed!

I've been running for a few years and within that time do home work outs too such as squats, planks, mountain climbers. It's perfectly fine to exercise whilst TTC, just always listen to your body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->