Exercise??

Kerrieann

Mummy to 4 boys
Reaction score
Does anyone else do a lot of exercise? I do boxercise 3 times a week plus a lot of walking and sometimes a run or 2 at the weekend. I've been losing my baby weight the last 10 months and finally got back into my jeans 2 weeks ago and found out I was pregnant again! Complete accident! I normally gain 4-5 stone in pregnancy so trying my best this time to limit it so want to continue with all the exercise! But getting rude comments from some family :-(

I haven't missed any of my exercise classes, I did feel a bit rough during one of them but I don't think I had enough to drink that afternoon. I think as long as you keep relatively cool and well hydrated you're ok to carry on unless you hace any bleeding

Keeping up with exercise routines is usually a good thing! As long as you aren't trying to do more now than what your body is used to it should be okay. If you ever feel yourself getting dizzy or light headed or too hot just slow down and take a breather. I work out (or at least try to lol) but I've been feeling lazy lately.

I would agree with PPs...generally it's ok to continue with most of your same exercises, just don't start anything new or more intense than what you're used to, listen to your body, take a break if you need to, eat enough before and after workouts, stay hydrated, etc.

I teach a few fitness classes a week so I'm feeling nervous about how being pregnant will affect my energy, endurance, etc. I would like to continue as long as possible, but I'm sure I will have to modify some exercises and decrease intensity at a certain point. I'm always so impressed by the pregnant women in my classes, you go girl!

Exercising is totally safe and healthy, especially if it's not brand new. My child development teacher in college said she jet skied until she couldnt zip up her wet suit hahh. What ive been told by doctors is, so long as you can have a conversation during the exercise, even if its not easy, then it is safe :)

I do pilates, yoga, hiit classes and enjoy the gym. We also just had a baby 10 months ago and now I'm pregnant with twins. I had 2 subchorionic hemorages that got my doctor's heckles up with my workouts so I stopped for the past 7 weeks and now that the bleeding has stopped I'm back in there very gently with cardio and some upper body weights.

I exercised all the way up to 8 months with my DD in the classes & gym, pilates got a little goofy after the 7 month bump but I think my delivery was quick and easy because I stayed in such great shape. I felt amazing all the way through.

Your family members may not understand hiw beneficial exercise is for both you and baby. Do you want to be strong for delivery? Do you want to minimize recovery time? Do you want to be strong enough to be lifting 2 kids without injuring your back? Keep up the good work, go easy - listen to your body, and maybe don't talk about your workouts with those who believe pregnant women should be stationary to protecr baby.

I was wondering about this too. I joined the gym 3 weeks ago and I'm 4 weeks today! Might sound odd but I had a mc earlier this year and have just started to take care of myself and have some energy again. I don't know whether to continue the membership or cancel it.....I know exercise is good but I'm obviously nervous given I had a mc before, although I felt so ill with that I didn't do any exercise. maybe I'll go but take it very easy!

I was wondering about this too. I joined the gym 3 weeks ago and I'm 4 weeks today! Might sound odd but I had a mc earlier this year and have just started to take care of myself and have some energy again. I don't know whether to continue the membership or cancel it.....I know exercise is good but I'm obviously nervous given I had a mc before, although I felt so ill with that I didn't do any exercise. maybe I'll go but take it very easy!

99% of mc are either from chromosomal problems with the embro or immune issues in your body (NKC's, clotting where baby can't implant deeply, MTHFR etc, not from exercise). But first tri is where babies are attaching, it's wise to go easy.

I'm 4+3. I do the Focus T25 program on DVD and will continue to do it. Probably when my belly starts to grow I will stop the jumping and do modifications. I am researching some prenatal workouts on DVD on Amazon. I want something challenging that will give me a good workout!

I'm a runner and a spin class addict, along with attending a few other classes. The advice I got from my midwife and sports club was to not take-up anything new, and continue with what I have been doing with a focus on retaining fitness levels not improving them - and to refrain from getting too hot. I'm told to update my instrauctor when I'm in second trimester as at that point they'll adjust what I can do in classes. (I think a lot of it is about lying flat on your back after 16 weeks or summat?)

The running has been an odd one for me, my energy levels are low so I find it very tough and I've cut my mileage down quite a lot so the maximum I do is about 6km at a very steady pace. (I was training for a half marathon before I got PG, so was regularly doing 10 mile runs!)

Spinning, I'm doing pretty much as normal. 2 classes a week. Although my MS seems to flare up while I'm doing it...:wacko: and I wear my heart rate monitor to make sure I don't go too hard.

My diet is shite though. I've gone from being a lean mean carb free machine, to consuming anything bread or dough related with relish. I literally dream of cornish pasties, so I better keep the exercise up!! :haha:

La bergere - that's so funny!! :haha: I was like that during my last pregnancy. Carb free before then I practically lived off bread, pasta and crackers. It was the nausea's fault.

2 ducks - yes I got some DVDs last time. One aerobic - think it was the 'what to expect' one but I can't remember and a couple of yoga ones.

I know it's very unlikely that exercise will cause a mc (mine was a blighted ovum so I know that was nothing I did) but at the moment I'm still a bit twingy / crampy. I think I'll carry on at the gym but gently. Maybe the cross trainer and bike and I'll not increase the weights either. I wonder how I'll get on when the sickness kicks in?!?

I deffo echo what others have said about keeping up with activity if you can.

I was doing Insanity and Clubbercise and Burlesque and told the instructors just in case I needed to slow down/modify so they knew why I was stepping it down a notch.

Unfortunately, I have had labyrinthitis the last fortnight so that has put paid to that malarky but I hope to resume when I feel better.

I found morning sickness plus 6:30am bootcamps hard, but if I can maintain some fitness for my pregnancy I will be pleased; I had lost 4.5 stone in the 8/9 months before my BFP and do not want to go anywhere near that weight again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->