Exhaustion kicking my butt...gave in to a cup of tea and feel like a new woman!!

Laura27

Reaction score
I couldn't handle it...I was falling asleep at my desk!! I've been really good with decaf tea and coffee but gave in and had a normal cup of tea an hour ago...what a difference!! Might have to do that each afternoon, hopefully one cuppa won't do any harm!

I've read that you should limit your caffeine intake to less than 200 mg when pregnant. A cup of tea typically has about 35mg of caffeine so I think you're absolutely ok to enjoy a cup of tea in the afternoon! I do :)

I agree with the pp . My dr gave me a list of things I can't eat but it said it is perfectly fine of have a few cups of tea :)

I think I might need to get some tea! I am so tired! What kind of tea are you drinking?

I cut out caffeine completely and started getting headaches! Not good haha. I'm having cups of tea at work through the day, usually 2-3 a day and then I drink decaf at home in the evening. I've noticed a big difference in my energy levels x

One cup will be fine. I really wish I could but caffeine aggravates my acid reflux so I've cut it out except for the really desperate days and man am I ever tired!

One cup of coffee is fine. Unless you can really handle cutting out caffeine (i've been fine without it my whole life), you should drink it without going overboard. I eat chocolate, which also contains caffeine. But it's to stop my sweet tooth really. Gl!

I drink half a cup of coffee a day. I need it to survive my toddler! Hahaha

I have at most 3-4 cups of tea I did the same when I was pregnant with ds and on this baby we are all fine enjoy our cups of tea theres a lot worse you could do

I could not get by without my tea! I've been absolutely exhausted since about 6 weeks, I'm really hoping now I'm near the end of the first trimester that I have some energy again soon. But I let myself have 2-3 cups of tea a day, I just make sure they're well spaced out through the day, and that should keep me under the 200mg recommended limit.

Glad I'm not the only one!! I was surprised how much energy one cup gave me, I've never really noticed the effects before!

I got giving this by my midwife regarding caffeine. I have still be having a sneaky cup of tea/coffee here and there to help with the 8hr shifts at work lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 10
I have my first cup of tea as can then go decaf for the rest of day.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one thats extremely EXHAUSTED! Yesterday I napped in my car during my lunch break, then another nap when I got home from work, and I was ready for bed at 9:00pm! I think I'll try having a cup of tea today to get me through the workday at least!!

I have heard that one cup of coffee is fine, so I am sure one cup of tea will be ok! I have had a shared green bubble tea with my husband and was worried at first but we both thought it would be okay.

Here are some other choices of tea for mamas! I want to get the sampler pack!

https://www.diapers.com/p/earth-mam..._kw={keyword}&CAWELAID=1338716027&kpid=EM-027

I have heard that one cup of coffee is fine, so I am sure one cup of tea will be ok! I have had a shared green bubble tea with my husband and was worried at first but we both thought it would be okay.

Here are some other choices of tea for mamas! I want to get the sampler pack!

https://www.diapers.com/p/earth-mam..._kw={keyword}&CAWELAID=1338716027&kpid=EM-027

Thanks for the link, that morning wellness tea sounds great! I may just have to order some! :)

I read a website the other day that for pregnancy headaches they actually prescribe a cup of tea, so the other day when I got a cracking headache that tylenol wouldn't touch I caved and had one and my headache and nausea both went away.

Big advocate of all things in moderation.

For sure! I want to order it, too! I also noticed they have it in stock at my local Buy, Buy Baby!

I drink half a cup of coffee a day. I need it to survive my toddler! Hahaha
This made me laugh as I feel the same! I can't stomach coffee at the moment though as it makes me feel sick - I basically cried when I realized I couldn't have a coffee to get me through the day with an insane toddler. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->