Expecting a girl but could be a boy?! Helpppp

zerolivia

Cayden's Proud Mama
Reaction score
Where I work I'm a cashier, and seriously every person that comes up to my register either A) asks me how far I am. B) Tells me I'm small for 31 weeks. And C) says "You're having a boy right?" lol. Every single customer says they think I'm having a boy. I've even had a few women say they think it's a boy and have never been wrong! Lol I'm starting to second guess my ultrasound pictures. Both ultrasounds the nurse was 100 percent positive it's a girl, but they've been wrong before?! I'm kinda worried haha I mean I'll love my child no matter what but what about all this girl stuff I'm buying! Anybody ever heard a story like this?

I second guess mine, too, but probably more because I've bought so much girly stuff :haha:

It DOES happen that pink bumps turn blue (someone on here just last week had that happen): it's the last thing either of us want to hear, but it's pretty uncommon! I've had 3 scans, all saying girl, but that little nagging voice is still in my head....drives me nuts!!

I wonder the same thing! I've had dreams the entire pregnancy that it's a boy. Not that I put much stock in that, but, you know. I'd be thrilled either way, but I often think about what I'd do if that happened... we'd have a lot of girly stuff to exchange. Not to mention all the girl things I've knitted :O

But, even though u/s techs are occasionally wrong, the odds are in our favor that they're right. Guess we'll find out soon (but not soon enough :haha: )

Ive been told I look like Im 5 or 6 months, not almost 8! I had one guy come in my office and tell me my little girl is definatly a boy. I laughed at him and said nope, you my friend are wrong. I have pictures of her lady parts!!! lol

Im a cashier to and always have people guessing... I just dont listen to them because every woman carriers different :) dont you love being asked all day long when your due :p

Everyone always thinks their right. I hate the 'I've never been wrong' comments. My MIL has never been wrong, well until I came along and now she has been wrong twice!

We found out by accident we were having a boy - my mum asked at the scan so she could get a few pink/blue bits for us - we then came across some blue wool!! I've had the strongest feeling its a boy as well so we have been bonding with babba as if he is a he and got a name picked out! We went for a growth scan yesterday at 37 wks as baby was big, and I thought id ask her to confirm gender - a minute later she asked me who told us it was a boy!!! Although she wouldn't actually confirm it, she thinks its a girl!!! So we're back at square one, feel quite excited! Just mad at myself for buying so much blue, and a gorgeous smart outfit for over the Xmas holidays!! Plus we cannot agree on a girls name!

Oh and alot of ppl have told me its a boy from looking at me!! X

my sister had a tiny neat bump....she looked like i did at 25 weeks when she was full term, everyone thought she was having a boy but she had a girl. she never found out til the day though. i am having a big baby i think, i look huuuge and i am having a boy. shape of your bump means nothing when it comes down to it. people have their inclines but usually the scans are right although it does happen on a rare occasion

I've had the same thing happen. Every single person I work with, people I don't know in the office, people at home visits I complete have asked if i'm having a boy or have said you must be having a boy because your carrying so high. Even my father-in-law who says he is never wrong says I bought pink for no reason. But my 2 scans have said girl so I am confident its a girl ... but it does make me second guess sometimes in the moment.

People have been expecting me to give birth for the last 5 weeks because I'm so big.

Your bump looks low and it's the generic 'low bump = boy' scenario, but there are no medical studies to support this theory. Your bump lies based where your uterus or baby is lying.

I would go with what the ultrasound has told you.

i am always 2nd guessing i have been told girl twice now and we were so convinced this one was a boy lol. Guess i am still secretly hoping for a boy coz then my lovely hubby wont want to try again for his much wanted boy :p xx

I worked with a girl who was told twice on US she was having a girl and ended up with a little boy. It does happen. That being said, you have to ignore everything that people say to you when your prego lol! When I was pregnant with DS # 1 EVERYONE said it was a girl. Even after I had a couple of ultrasounds proving otherwise. I just kept saying "nope its my boy!" Or "here let me show you his boy parts".

Did you get the classic girl "hamburger" pic with 3 lines?

I'll trade you! I have been asked if I am having twins (im not of course). Plus I really wanted to have a girl but i am having a boy lol

We have been told we are having a girl. We get weekly scans and everytime it's a girl! We are over the moon! I have 2 older girls and a son. With my girls I carried them very different than I carried my son. With this one, I am carrying her very similar to how I carried my son. With my girls, I carried all over and with my son, I carried him all in the tummy. With this pregnancy, she is all in the tummy. I haven't gained that much weight and it's all in the front. So I agree, everyone is different. With my daughters pregnancy, she had a boy and she carried him like I carried her! Good luck!

I worked with a girl who was told twice on US she was having a girl and ended up with a little boy. It does happen. That being said, you have to ignore everything that people say to you when your prego lol! When I was pregnant with DS # 1 EVERYONE said it was a girl. Even after I had a couple of ultrasounds proving otherwise. I just kept saying "nope its my boy!" Or "here let me show you his boy parts".

Did you get the classic girl "hamburger" pic with 3 lines?

Yes!! I do have that picture. That makes me feel better lol.

I got told i was having a girl at my 21 week scan and every scan afterwards ive asked them to check (ive had 4 scans since :haha:) x

Everyone has told me I was having a boy too, and I believed it too! All my dreams have been boy and my instinct said boy, I bought all blue even though we were team yellow. Then we found out by accident last week that it was a girl through the report the hospital sent about the baby's kidneys. I had a scan yesterday and asked her to confirm before buying any pink, and sure enough, there was our little girl! I have no doubt from looking at the u/s that it is not a girl. But everyone keeps telling me the same thing, they are all so sure it is a boy from the way I look. I wouldn't doubt your u/s too much, very rarely are they wrong.

Why believe strangers who have nothing more than a guess versus someone who's SEEN the genitals?
I've had several people tell me they know I'm having boys but I've seen their little girl parts on several occasions, so I just have to laugh and say.. nope.

Lol... 'how you carry' is such an old wives' tale. There really is no outside indicator of boy v.s. girl. People say they 'just know'... or 'they are never wrong'... well... since it's a 50/50 chance, you have a pretty good shot at getting it right any time you guess! :haha:

How 'bout this...? My first was a girl. When preggo with my second, my ultrasound said girl...and lots of people said, "Oh yeah, I can tell. You're carrying JUST like you did with Lauren.... deffo girl."

Oops. I had a boy. :haha: (I didn't tell you that to freak you out. In defense, my ultrasound tech didn't tell me "That's DEFINITELY a girl." He sort of was a jerk about it and said, "Well nothing is 100%. It's still always a 50/50 chance. But, it looks like girl parts." "So... it's a girl?" "Ma'am, it's always a 50/50 chance. Nothing is 100%. But, it looks like girl parts." He kept repeating the canned lines, as if that's what he was told to say at every ultrasound. I was so irritated. "So, are you telling me you can't tell?" and all he did was repeat the same lines. Oi.
Argh! So... I assumed he was just an unenthusiastic joykill who never would tell people 'how sure he is', etc.... I mean, he SAID "looks like girl parts". So I took him for what he said. Never even thought to get confirmation. ;) I delivered my little boy. )

I don't say that to freak you out. It's so rare. I say it to: 1.) Show you how EVERYONE can "say" they can tell, but they can be completely wrong.... and 2.) To tell you that EVEN if it happen, it's actually the most fun surprise ever. My husband and I were thrilled, and would never, ever, ever change the way it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->