Expecting my #3 and very concerned with everything

heaveneats

Emma's Mommy
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

this is baby number 3 for me and I'm really concerned with everything. My last pregnancy i developed obstetric cholestasis so i was very itchy and uncomfortable my last 2 weeks. He also was breech and i had to have a c section, with this one i would like to do a VBAC but i know there are risks.

Also i was just promoted to a new position at work that will be more physical than just sitting at a desk so i worry about how my job will react although they are amazing to work for so i doubt it. I also spoke to HR when going through the process because i was worried about accepting and me potentially getting pregnant in the future which they assured me i would still be fine. And i am of course just worried being so early, i'm always worried i will start bleeding any kind of pain i think the worst. I'm just such a basket case :shrug:

I have anxiety, so that's always a struggle for me in general. So while our worries may be different, the source- anxiety- is the same! I'm trying not to worry as it doesn't solve anything and just makes me feel worse, but it's so hard. I've been using the "Calm" app on the App Store to help and it really does! Just takes the edge off. It's a mindfulness practice. Hang in there, I know it's not easy!

Hey Heaveneats! Congrats on the pregnancy! I do understand your concerns, but I wanted to also focus on the work concern. If your employer treats you any different because of your pregnancy, file a human rights complaint right away. Document everything. I know you said they are typically good to work for, but I hardly trust employers any more, after getting terminated due to a workplace injury (in the process of filing a HR complaint against them, but honesty I probably wouldn't have gone through with it if my partner weren't an Employment and Labour Lawyer who explained my rights and how to handle employers when they do illegal things (happens more often than anyone would like to think, and they get away with it, because most employees have no idea how to fight for their rights!)

Anyway, hopefully everything will run smoothly in terms of the physical pregnancy, and also, know that you are entitled to refuse any type of work that may harm your pregnancy, even if it is in your job descripition.

:hugs:

Hey Heaveneats! Congrats on the pregnancy! I do understand your concerns, but I wanted to also focus on the work concern. If your employer treats you any different because of your pregnancy, file a human rights complaint right away. Document everything. I know you said they are typically good to work for, but I hardly trust employers any more, after getting terminated due to a workplace injury (in the process of filing a HR complaint against them, but honesty I probably wouldn't have gone through with it if my partner weren't an Employment and Labour Lawyer who explained my rights and how to handle employers when they do illegal things (happens more often than anyone would like to think, and they get away with it, because most employees have no idea how to fight for their rights!)

Anyway, hopefully everything will run smoothly in terms of the physical pregnancy, and also, know that you are entitled to refuse any type of work that may harm your pregnancy, even if it is in your job descripition.

:hugs:

thank you!! i actually just read up on the Ontario human rights website and i feel a bit better now:
"It is contrary to the Code to fire you, demote you or lay you off (even with notice) because you are or may become pregnant.

If you are or may become pregnant, you have the right to keep your job and not to be passed over for benefits and opportunities, such as:

being hired or promoted
training
assignments to important or more challenging projects
resuming your job after your pregnancy or parental leave.
You also have a right to request changes to your job duties or rules that affect you for the sake of your health when you are pregnant. Your employer should accommodate your needs, unless doing so would cause undue hardship."

also the HR manager used to be my old manager so i doubt i will have problems but you are right you never know - the HR department works for the company not the individual :( i'm going to ask that i not be treated differently i just want to prove myself, pregnant or not. I really am just excited to start my new role

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->