• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Experience after stopping birth control?

May55

Reaction score
Hi im looking for experiences you all had once you stopped taking birth control. My son will be three in September, I got pregnant with him while taking birth control! (because i was taking antibiotics).. now we are trying again, I was taking Tricyclen Lo since my son was born, and before him I had taken it for 6 years. I stopped taking in Feb, I had withdrawl bleed, then I had a regular period.. my cycle after that was 38 days!! it was always 28 since the age of 13!... this cycle is now still going im on cycle day 32, all negative tests, no sign of af anywhere! Im starting to be frustrated with this, it makes it hard to try waiting between cycles... can anyone give their experience with this? how long did it take to become regular again? Did it affect your ability to concieve?

My cycles after stopping BCP were all over the place. First cycle was 32 days, followed by an 89 day cycle (!!!!), then 45 days. I got pregnant the next month. So I don't suppose you have to be totally regular to still conceive.

My cycles were all over the place after the pill too. I was on it for 13 years, had the withdrawal bleed, then another a month later and then no sign of a period for about 4 months so I started taking Vitex and it helped push things along, after about a month on vitex I started spotting/light periods every 3-4 weeks and then had a massive blow out period in April, 32 days later had another light spotty period and now 22 days later I'm having another blow out. It's been a year since I went off the pill. Everyone is different and it can take a long time for your body to regulate and remember what to do on it's own. Have you tried Vitex? It is definitely very frustrating when you don't know what's going on and you're TTC, you're not alone!

My cycles were all over the place after the pill too. I was on it for 13 years, had the withdrawal bleed, then another a month later and then no sign of a period for about 4 months so I started taking Vitex and it helped push things along, after about a month on vitex I started spotting/light periods every 3-4 weeks and then had a massive blow out period in April, 32 days later had another light spotty period and now 22 days later I'm having another blow out. It's been a year since I went off the pill. Everyone is different and it can take a long time for your body to regulate and remember what to do on it's own. Have you tried Vitex? It is definitely very frustrating when you don't know what's going on and you're TTC, you're not alone!

I'll add that I also took Vitex toward the end of that 89 day cycle. The next cycle (on Vitex) was much shorter, followed by my BFP. Hard to say that Vitex was definitely the reason, but I think it helped!

Thanks so much ladies! I am seeing a doctor on the 10th and I cant wait...Hate feeling like I have no idea whats going on with my body! been cramping so much for 3 days thinking af is going to be any minute and just nothing. Ill talk to my doctor about vitex. Does it just make you have a period or does it regulate periods?

Vitex is supposed to help regulate your hormones in general, if you do a search on here there a loads of threads about woman who have had great success with it. I believe it also helps with ovulation too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"