Experience with Ovidrel (trigger shot)...anyone?

hopefulone17

Reaction score
as the title suggests i am looking for someone who knows about the ovidrel shot. I got mine on monday and I am having loads of side effects, way more than I did the last time i got the shot. I am nauseous, bloated, cramping, hormonal mess, etc. So yesterday (2 days after the shot) I decided to take a test so that i can retest later to make sure the line is fading so that i know if its a real line when i test for real in a couple weeks. With that being said that line was WAY more positive than i imagined it would be. I expected a very faint line but it was super strong! so I guess my question is, at two days after the shot shouldn't the line be starting to disappear as the medicine leaves my body? when should the line start fading? How long does it take for this medicine to begin leaving your body?

It depends on the person and the specific dosage of your trigger shot, but generally it takes 10-12 days for the trigger to be out of your body.

I want to say that mine was the 250 Mcg or something along those lines. My biggest shock was how dark the line was i expected to be rather faint two days after but it was pretty dark so i feel like it will take forever to leave my system i though by two days post trigger it would be fading

Hi Hope!

So Ovidrel has a decent dose of HCG, and it will take many days to leave your system. It peaks at 12-24 hours after the dose, and the half life is about 23-35 hours, depending on the clearance of the person, etc. So generally rule of thumb is 5 half lives for a drug to completely leave the system (115-175 hours). But since we are able to test for it, I imagine sensitive tests may take longer to become negative. I had a positive still at day 9 post trigger...it was faint but still positive. I have heard some woman having a positive at day 12. I had pretty interesting symptoms with it as well. Just ride it out, and if gets bad I would contact your fertility people. They may have more of an idea. Good luck!! -:thumbup: K

yeah i had some crazy symptoms with it as well, It actually ended up being half as dark yesterday so i suspect that by the weekend it will be gone. thank you all for the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->