Experiences with chemical pregnancies?

Teafor2

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am currently having my second chemical pregnancy in a row. Last month my bleeding started at 14 dpo and felt like a normal period, just with cramping that lasted a little longer.

This month is started at 4 weeks and 6 days and it is waaay worse than last month. I’ve had really bad cramping, nausea, and I’ve passed some large clots. I felt a little dizzy earlier but I think it was just stress and panic.

I just want to hear the experiences of some other people that had chemicals. Is it normal for it to suck this much?

Unfortunately yes. My chemical before my son I was almost 5 weeks and it was horrific pain that laid me up alllll day. Had to take loads if ibuprofen just to take the edge off. Dizzy, nausea. Awful. So sorry youre going through this

@Rach87 Thanks for the reply. Today is the second day and I think the worst of it is over. I stayed home from work yesterday because I was just in too much pain, but I’ll go back today. Take my mind off of it.

I’ve not had that with my chemical, but I had a 6 week loss and it was horrendous. Honestly, as bad as labour. Call your doctor for pain relief if you need it!

Hey all,

I am currently having my second chemical pregnancy in a row. Last month my bleeding started at 14 dpo and felt like a normal period, just with cramping that lasted a little longer.

This month is started at 4 weeks and 6 days and it is waaay worse than last month. I’ve had really bad cramping, nausea, and I’ve passed some large clots. I felt a little dizzy earlier but I think it was just stress and panic.

I just want to hear the experiences of some other people that had chemicals. Is it normal for it to suck this much?

I’ve had a 4+5/6(?)chemical and it was just a regular period (lighter actually)! I’ve also had a 9 week loss where I bled for 3 months on and off. After my chemical my cycles went back to normal right away and I had tons of ewcm the following cycle so I guess I was super fertile although we didn’t try again right away. Anyways I think the range of normal is wide and if you’re feeling worried or things don’t calm down soon you should probably see your healthcare provider xx. Sorry for your losses hun, praying you catch again quickly with a sticky bean xx

I’ve had a 4+5/6(?)chemical and it was just a regular period (lighter actually)! I’ve also had a 9 week loss where I bled for 3 months on and off. After my chemical my cycles went back to normal right away and I had tons of ewcm the following cycle so I guess I was super fertile although we didn’t try again right away. Anyways I think the range of normal is wide and if you’re feeling worried or things don’t calm down soon you should probably see your healthcare provider xx. Sorry for your losses hun, praying you catch again quickly with a sticky bean xx
Thanks. I had two really big clots come out and after that the bleeding slowed down a lot. Now it’s like day 3/4 of af, just a bit crampier. I’m still waiting to get in touch with my doctor. I’ve had the hardest time contacting her. But things seem to be resolving themselves okay.

I think it probably hurt more because this baby was a little more implanted than last month. Which is a great sign for getting your rainbow!!! is your doc thinking of looking into a possibly progesterone issue?

I could have written this myself Teafor2!
I have had two chemicals the last two months (Dec + Jan)
Pretty much exact same symptoms as you.

I'm about to ovulate in my cycle now. Just seen the doctor yesterday and went for blood tests to make sure there's nothing wrong there, but my doctor seems to think we have just been unlucky 2x in a row.. ( I have a 7yo and an 8yo, but this baby will be a different father)
So fingers crossed for this cycle, I don't think I can handle having yet another chemical it is gut wrenching.

Sending baby dust to you!!

@wrapunzel They told me to come for a check in a week or two. They had moved the date of my first ultrasound from the 22nd to the 15th when I told them I was worried about having another loss, so I have kept the appointment and will see my ob then. I will update and let you know what she says.

@Skye75 Good luck this month! I hope this month you will have a bit more luck. The first day of my bleeding this month I thought I needed to take a break from ttc because I was just in so much pain and so upset, but now that the worst has passed and I’m just having bleeding like a light period I feel more ready to try again this next cycle.

@wrapunzel They told me to come for a check in a week or two. They

@Skye75 Good luck this month! I hope this month you will have a bit more luck. The first day of my bleeding this month I thought I needed to take a break from ttc because I was just in so much pain and so upset, but now that the worst has passed and I’m just having bleeding like a light period I feel more ready to try again this next cycle.

Yes I was feeling the exact same way, but after a couple of weeks I felt a bit happier to keep trying.
I get my blood results back on Friday to make sure nothing is off there. Feels like ages away.

Any update?
My bleeding has basically stopped today. I have an appointment on the 15th with my gynaecologist, but I’m pretty sure everything will come back normal. Maybe I’ll even ovulate before then. Did your bloods come back?

Well at least the bleeding has stopped. Are your pts negative now?
I get my bloods back on the 12th. Ovulating today/tomorrow according to clear blue tests.

Well at least the bleeding has stopped. Are your pts negative now?
I get my bloods back on the 12th. Ovulating today/tomorrow according to clear blue tests.
Hope you catch the egg this month! Definitely update when you get your bloods back. I wasn’t sure if I should do the ones they had ordered for cd 2/3 this month as it wasn’t a normal period and I wasn’t able to get any kind of answer in time.

The test I took the day before I started bleeding was basically negative. Just a shadow of a line. I haven’t taken one since then, but I’ll buy some tomorrow just so I can make sure they’re negative. My pregnancy symptoms are mostly gone, but my stomach is still a bit funny and I had some pinching pains in my low abdomen yesterday and today similar to when I first got my positive. I’m also still waking up hungry in the middle of the night sometimes. I just hope the test comes back obviously negative so I don’t have to worry about an ectopic.

Hi ladies me again I got my bfp on Friday night I was 3 weeks and 6 days but sadly I started bleeding yesterday and it has ended In a chemical pregnancy which I am absolutely devastated about I really don't know if I want to try again as I can't keep going through this. Can any of you ladies help if I was to start again when would be the best time?

Hi ladies me again I got my bfp on Friday night I was 3 weeks and 6 days but sadly I started bleeding yesterday and it has ended In a chemical pregnancy which I am absolutely devastated about I really don't know if I want to try again as I can't keep going through this. Can any of you ladies help if I was to start again when would be the best time?
Hey, I just replied to you in the February testing thread, but you should be able to try again right away. Apparently you may be even more fertile these next 3 months as well!

Well update, got my bloods back today. Literally got 10 pages of blood work results and my GP said there is not one level out in the whole lot. She is confident we have just been unlucky and all she could say was keep trying, if no luck in 6 months come back again ‍♀️
So I think we will try for 3 months or so and if no luck I think I might make my partner go in to have sperm count etc, though it doesn't seem like low sperm count would be the problem since we've gotten pregnant in both the last 2 cycles.

Currently 2DPO this month, so hoping with everything I've got maybe this month might be our month to get a sticky bean.
Feeling rather pessimistic about it however but all we can do is keep trying.

Well update, got my bloods back today. Literally got 10 pages of blood work results and my GP said there is not one level out in the whole lot. She is confident we have just been unlucky and all she could say was keep trying, if no luck in 6 months come back again ‍♀️
So I think we will try for 3 months or so and if no luck I think I might make my partner go in to have sperm count etc, though it doesn't seem like low sperm count would be the problem since we've gotten pregnant in both the last 2 cycles.

Currently 2DPO this month, so hoping with everything I've got maybe this month might be our month to get a sticky bean.
Feeling rather pessimistic about it however but all we can do is keep trying.
That’s great news that blood came back normal! I’m hoping that for us was just bad luck as well. I’m on cd 10 today and waiting to ovulate. I feel like I’ll get pregnant again this month since I did the past 2 months, but haven’t even ovulated yet so I have no real data to base it on.

How are you feeling about your chances this month?

Dh was exposed to covid 6 days ago, so he’s going in for a test today. He hasn’t been sick at all, but he said he thinks the test will be positive just because he shared a glass with the sick person and they spent a lot of time inside together. Obviously this could really mess up out ttc this month, but he is also one of those people that never gets sick, so hoping we both stay healthy!

It absolutely sucks waiting it out doesn't it!
Fingers and toes crossed for you this month.
Eeek that's scary about OH being tested for covid, I'm very lucky I live in Western Australia and the numbers here are super super low. I hope it all turns out okay!!

Not sure how I feel about actually getting pregnant again this month, I feel like there's no way I can get pregnant 3 months in a row.. but maybe 3 time lucky??
Probably will go a little over board on testing next week no harm in testing once a day.
I'm going to order bulk ovulation and HCG tests off ebay next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->