**expired test** please advise

loveylove

Reaction score
Good morning ladies (or afternoon depending where you are), I was wondering if you can help. I bought a load of strip pregnancy tests and have been testing daily since my period was due. Today I got a very faint positive but noticed that I must have grabbed an old test because it's actually expired. Since then I've drank a load of water so my urine isnt concentrated at all (or I would run out and get a new test).

Is this likely to be a false positive. I did 2 tests at the same time. Both expired, both positive.

So nervous as in August I had a missed miscarriage and I just want this so badly. Thanks for any advise.

Expired tests don't give false positives, they would be more likely to give false negatives, it looks like you are pregnant!

Edit: to be on the safe side you should get a new test and try with concentrated urine. Good luck!

Do you have more expired tests? Maybe try dipping one in water. If that gives you a line you know its wrong. How far are the tests out of date by? If it was by just a a couple months I'd guess they were fine.

The water test came back negative on the expired and twice positive with my urine. Eeek tryang not to get excited

It sounds like BFP but id still be wanting to test with an in date FRER :)

Sounding hopeful. Looking forward to an update!

I just used a digital tat expired last year lol it picked up my positive!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->