Explosive nappies!

windswept

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Not been on here in a while, but needing your views!

Archie has had at least one explosive nappy every day for past 10 days or so... Poo right up his back, into his arm pits and down his legs! Nappies do fit right, and it happens whether its cloth or disposable.

Poo is mustard yellow and as watery as it is when it goes in (in the form of milk). He's not started solids yet. He has an average of 3 poos a day - one of which is a nappy over-filler! All are watery and very yellow.

Is this normal? Should we take a wee visit to the doctor? He has some signs of teething, but is the happiest most content baby ever and sleeps really well, so he's not ill.

It's got to the point where I try not to leave house until the big one has been - we need a bath and whole change of clothes to deal with it!

Cristina

My lo is the same! I refuse to put her in nice clothes until we have done 'it' as you can guarantee it will not go well!
I'll be following to see what anyone else says!

My LO has been like this since about 3 months.

He used to do 3/4 mini poos a day but it went down to 1 a day and it's always massive.

I try and change him as soon as I hear it and always keep a clean set of clothes on me.
He normally does it on a morning but sometimes he saves it for an afternoon so I just get on with whatever we are doing.

My LO is exclusively BF and his poo has been the same colour since he was about one week but it's just reduced to one big one a day now.

Forgot to mention, he is 4 months tomorrow!
He is showing signs on teething too so that might be a coincidence.
I regularly have to bath him at friends houses too!

I think it's normal. My daughter certainly went through a phase of doing this, probably at about the same age as your LO. It seems to happen when they stop doing a dirty nappy after every feed and start saving it up to do one or two a day (or less). Unfortuately there isn't a nappy on the market that will contain it, or if there is I didn't happen to find it.
It's a case of waiting it out. It stopped when my LO was about 6-7 months old

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"