Expressed Milk Question

My_First

Reaction score
In this hot weather I realise that while BF your milk adjusts to give the LO a 'drink' as opposed to food, i.e. to quench thirst. What about expressed milk? My lo has been fussing all day today and eaten loads, shall I just keep offering him the bottle incase it is thirst or should I be giving him water too?

TIA

I don't know, but I would think it might. How old is your lo (your ticker isn't working)? I would offer extra bottles instead of water if he's under 6 months. Clara's almost 10 months now, so I offer her water in a cup throughout the day, but she only drinks about 3-6oz total throughout the day, including at meals.

I would definitely not give him water then. He needs all the calories he can get from milk at that age and you don't want his belly to fill up on water instead. Also, there's a big growth spurt at 9 weeks which is another reason he's having more milk.

I would definitely not give him water then. He needs all the calories he can get from milk at that age and you don't want his belly to fill up on water instead. Also, there's a big growth spurt at 9 weeks which is another reason he's having more milk.

Ah okay, thank you!

Its seems every week is a growth spurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"