Expressing breast milk

stacie-leigh

Expecting a baby girl
Reaction score
Hi ladies :)

I was wondering if anybody had any information that I may need to express my breast milk successfully?

Hi Hun

I'm not an expressing expert just wing it and i rarely express with this LO, but if you scroll down there are some really good threads on the topic including one by a lady who expresses 40oz per day xx

it depends what you want to achieve really...are you expressing to feed her exclusively? in addition to breast feeding? you want extra just in case?
If you want to increase supply you will want to pump after each feed about 4 times a day even if you arent getting anything it will tell your body you need to produce more milk
if you are doing it to feed her all the time with then I would follow the post about pumping 40+oz a day
if you want extra just in case then in the morning first thing you will have the most to pump

The post about expressing 40+ a day has useful advice even for those who express occasionally, such as tips for the best time to express and upping your supply. I believe the original poster is looking to express so her husband can give one of the nighttime feeds. One of my sisters used to do this (and it helped her to bf her girls for over 12 months each) I think she used to express inthe morning also. I think it depends on the baby though, my LO feeds often at night and throughout the morning so in my case mid afternoon has been the best time for me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"