Expressing creating blocked ducts??

Lownthwaite

1DD and cooking #2!
Reaction score
I am expressing every few days (sometimes 2 or 3 days in a row, others one day express, one day not) trying to build up a freezer stock for LO for when I return to work in March.

I didn't think anything of it to begin with as just thought it was coincidental but I think there is a pattern now............I think expressing is creating a reoccuring blocked milk duct in my left breast. It is fine and not blocked when just feeding but when I go to express - a few hours later I'm finding the same sore blocked duct.

Anyone else get this? I'm using an electric pump and pumping till the milk flow stops plus 2 mins.

Is it because I'm not regular or routined in pumping because this isn't always possible with day to day activities!? :wacko:

It certainly is possible that pumping could be causing your reoccurring blocked duct. Breast pumps are not as efficient as breastfeeding and may not empty the breast completely. You could breastfeeding immediately after pumping and this might alleviate the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->