Expressing question?

Clairylou

Reaction score
We have been successfully breastfeeding but hubby is on holiday from work for two weeks so have decided it would be nice for him to give Sam one of his night feeds. i have the tommee tippe manual pump and used it for first time this morning i was just wondering what sort of quantity would i need for a full feed i managed to express 100ml from boob sam had fed on after he had finished this morning. Any tips on expressing would be appreciated too.

Also when did you all start with bedtime routines as we are thinking of trying to get sam in a rotine over easter too partly why dad wants to join in with a feed Sam is 5 weeks today by the way.

Thanks
XX

Why don't you try giving him what you've expressed tonight and see how much he has / if he still wants more - that will give you an idea of how around how much he'll want. Elliot has about 100ml then sleeps 6/7 hours, he just has what he wants and is normally asleep at the end of the feed!

How are you finding the pump? I found it a bit brutal!

x

good idea i will give that a go. i cant wait till Sam sleeps that long he gets up every 2-3 hours at the minute.
i know what you mean abount the pump you would expect it to be easier.
x

I only used it once then we were in hospital so used theirs, then needed a double so hired one then bought the Medela Swing and it's fantastic (got a second hand one from ebay for £35 - definitely worth it!)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"