Extended breech baby,ECV BOOKED,have you had one

wishing4baby3

Reaction score
hi ladies :thumbup: well since 28wks my little lady has been extended breech and still is at 37+3 wks:wacko:,extended means bottom first with feet infront of face,well ive now been booked in for a ECV on monday 21st sometime as got to ring on the day for time,any possitive feed back from experiance would be great as im getting scared now lol,if its successfull il be induced straight after so she cant flip back as she is my 3rd baby but if its not successful im booked in a wk today for a c section which im really hoping i wont need thankyou :flow:

aww good luck and let me know how it goes. My bubs is complete breech atm has been for ages hoping she will turn before next scan but if not guess i will be going through the same thing as you xx

thankyou hun and i will defo keep you updated but il also keep my fingers crossed she turns herself for you :) x x

i had one last year, very painful and wound up in an emergency c section at 33 weeks.

how come they gave you and ECV so early? x

because i was in labor contracting so they wanted to try and flip him so i wouldnt need a c section which it wound up being one anyway

aw no poor you. At least you have made it further this time around x

Yes I had an ECV for my extended breech son which didnt shift him.

I wouldnt opt for another, its quite uncomfortable but they do monitor you, if they can't move your baby you will get a date there and then for a Section

I have my scan tomorrow to see if my baby is still breech. I'm pretty sure he is as he's been breech at every appoinment for 10 weeks now! I'm worried about the ECV as my friend had a bad experience but will make my mind up after talking to the doctor if he is still breech.

i haven't had one, but a friend of mine did and she said it was uncomfortable but not painful. could not turn the baby unfortunately...

good luck with yours and keep us posted!
i think i'll be going through the same....

I just wanted to wish u look.

I had to av scan Tuesday cus MW thought he was breech but thank god he was head down. Ive read so many different things on a EVC and i dont really no if i could of gone through with it but i wouldnt want a c-section so i think i would of tried it. When u go just stay relaxed

thankyou ladies,i can cope with the pain if she turns as il get my natrual birth but will be so gutted if they cant turn her,ive been told she is about 6lb from my scan n ive carried my son at a healthy 8lb 6oz so just really hoping cause she is small compared to what my belly has had to grow to in the past it will give her room to move,if not my c section is booked for thursday (a week today),will defo let you all know how i get on x x

ecv (external cephalic version) its where baby is breech so a doctor/consultant will try to manually move baby around from putting pressure on ur belly till baby flips round to head down for a natrual birth,type ecv on utube n it will show you if ur intrested :) x

My baby was frank breech (feet in front of her face) and I had an ECV a couple of weeks ago at 37 weeks. It's not very pleasant but they will only try three times and each try is only for about a minute. Mine was unsuccessful and I was booked for a c section at 39 weeks - yesterday. Anyway, I got to hosp yesterday, got all ready for surgery, they did a final scan to make sure she was still breech and the little monkey had turned! And I hadn't noticed her doing it at all! So anyway I got sent home to wait for natural labour to start. So even if your ECV doesn't work, your baby might still move at the last minute!

I hope it goes ok xx

My baby was frank breech (feet in front of her face) and I had an ECV a couple of weeks ago at 37 weeks. It's not very pleasant but they will only try three times and each try is only for about a minute. Mine was unsuccessful and I was booked for a c section at 39 weeks - yesterday. Anyway, I got to hosp yesterday, got all ready for surgery, they did a final scan to make sure she was still breech and the little monkey had turned! And I hadn't noticed her doing it at all! So anyway I got sent home to wait for natural labour to start. So even if your ECV doesn't work, your baby might still move at the last minute!

I hope it goes ok xx

Is an evc where the doctor puts loads of pressure at the bottom of your uterus? I went in with reduced movement and the docotr did this? Was he trying to turn LO or just prevoke a reaction?
LO has been breech since 18 weeks. I'm now 30+3 he's been footling breach, frank breech and he's now flexed breech and looks a bit like a confused buddah :rofl:

hi ladies just letting you all know the ecv was not that painfull but more uncomfy and it was also successful so im bouncing away right now on a birthing ball trying to get my pains going more but my little princess should be here by tomoz dinner for sure :) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->