Extended lh surge?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hi!

I posted in the opk forum/tww but so far nobody has a guess. My lh surge has always been 2.5 days. 1dpo just barely positive and negative by evening, even when I O multiple eggs. Definitely negative by 2dpo. I haven't tested this morning, but I have been getting blaring positives for 4 days. I will attach last night's test (8 hours ago). Yesterday was 2dpo confirmed with temps and cramps. My chart is in my sig.

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 7
Maybe just had a really strong surge this month and kevels are taking a while to come down?

They are. I had two days where I had positive fmu opks then negative the rest of the day which is also atypical. That was CD 11 and CD 14. My opk this morning is still very positive. I'm not sure why the oh isn't leaving my system.

At this point, I'm wondering if something is wrong =\

Update: faint positive with fmu on a dollar tree

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 11
I thought anything not as dark or darker than the test line means negative. As I understand it, there are no faint positives with opks, only truly positive or negative. I've also heard FMU can give false readings and best to test in the afternoon and evening (same times each day) after holding pee for at least 2 hours but no more than 4 hour, without drinking too much (so it won't dillute). All possible reasons for your fluctuating results?

I refer to faint positives as lines that are the same as the control versus when my lines are significantly darker. I have high anxiety so I actually do opks at least 3x a day when I hit cd 9: fmu, early afternoon, and evening at a minimum.

I got a faint positive on a hpt with my fmu so the new leading theory is I Oed early and am pregnant. I had a weird/ painful/short period and high temps pre O (not too high but higher than usual) so now I am worried that it is an ectopic versus new pregnancy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 15
I see the line- you got aNy better tests? X

My post lunch frer was bfn so testing again with a dollar tree tonight and frer with fmu

Ahh, I see. The last OPK picture you attached did not look positive to me since it was lighter than the test line.

On the HPT, I see the line, but barely. I've heard that pregnancy can cause positive opks and cause additional EWCM. I'm not able to contribute to the temping/chart stuff because I'm still BF and cosleeping, so can't get enough sleep to even try to track. Is there something you are experiencing that would make you worry about ectopic or just a worrier? Your descriptions didn't make me thing ectopic, but if it has something to do with charting I guess I wouldn't know. I'm a general worrier, so that I understand :)

I've had like two weeks of what appears to be fertile CM and it is driving me crazy because not a single pos OPK, so I'm assuming my body is trying but failing to ovulate. I have only had a day and a half of spotting last month since my DS was born and don't even know if it counts as a real period.

It is amazing when TTC and paying attention to our bodies, how every thing stands out and I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought before. It drives me crazy!

I am with you! TTC drives us nuts! Suddenly, we notice EVERYTHING.

Long winded why I worry about ectopic:
The only reason I worry about ectopic is my last cycle was weird. I started spotting on time at 12dpo, but my temp stayed high. It dropped, but not below or near my cover line, and I spotted some more on 13dpo (which is when I should have gotten AF full force). Early morning 14dpo, I woke up at 1am with the worst pain in my life. The pain didn't go away for 6 hours and I was bleeding profusely. I avoided going to the ER because I knew if I went I would miss work for sure, so I just rolled around in pain. hindsight, not the best idea lol. I did go in the next day and my gyn did an ultrasound to make sure I didn't have a cyst (I have a history of cysts). The bleeding slowed significantly and turned to spotting by the afternoon of the next day. I didn't do a lot of temping or OPKing this cycle as I usually don't from CD 3-CD9ish but I did notice that whenever I temped my temps seemed high for pre O. Now this weirdness is happening. If it is a bfp from this cycle, I don't know how I missed O. If it isn't, why would I have had that pain and such low hcg? I also have high anxiety which does not help anything lol.

As for the opks, my phone flips my images when I post them but the darker line is the test line.

How long ago was DS born? I've heard it can take a bit for your body to regulate while BFing/ post birth. Sorry that it's throwing you for a loop. :(

So weird, but wouldn't the ultrasound have picked up the ectopic if that actually was an issue? I have never charted or tempted, but my guess is that even those aren't failsafe and we or our cycles can just be wonky. I'm an anxious person too so I totally understand. An in any case, that much pain is scary and it was good to check it out.

DS is 13 months and we would really like to start trying but kind of hard to do when there are no cycles to guide you! I get everything except AF (changes in cm, ovary pains, cramping, etc.) Just no period, so I guess I'm failing to ovulate. Disheartening if so. If heard of others getting pregnant before getting AF back while BF, but I'm just not feeling it. I don't know, but it is irritating!

I left hoping so/ thinking that the ultrasound would have picked it up. Especially since if the pain was from that then obviously it had to be big enough to do damage. But then I would have only been <4 weeks at the time so I'm not sure. =/ My frer was negative and my dollar tree this morning was positive.

That is aggravating. Have you talked to your gyn/ does she have any advice on how to kick start your ovulation? I would imagine there has to be some precautions with what you take since you are BFing, but you can't really try if you aren't Oing. :(

I haven't talked to a doctor yet. We moved pretty recently and was waiting until I needed to schedule an annual since we can't officially "try." I think maybe my cycles are just gearing up to return, but DS has been nursing a lot due to being sick and teething. Oh well, I'm not going to get too fussed quite yet, but I just wish I knew what to expect.

Are you excited about the bfp?!?! Maybe a late implanted?

Not really. My hots, including an old style frer, still have super faint lines BUT my beta came back <1 so no idea.

I hear you. Even if you aren't officially trying, might be nice to have that conversation to have some insight on when things might regulate.

Final update if anyone googles: I got af this morning full force. She was painful and cloth like my last period and I had intensely heavy bleeding for half a day until she slows to normal amounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->