Extreme acid, anyone taking anything?

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
I am really suffering with this acid, more often than not my stomach is burning , my tongue is coated and really sour, after I eat my stomach is rock hard and bloated, I did have acid reflux in a previous pregnancy and I think I took famotidine which is over the coutner.

So I got it but seen as though I cant get an appointment I am only taking one a day, is anyone taking anti acid meds ( not just tums)

You could also take zantac over the counter. You can get prescriptions for ranitidine or omeprazole if its that awful. Also loads of tricks that you probably know to keep acid down, no spice, garlic, low fat, minimise citric acid, no fresh or diluting juices, keep upright or sat up straight for at jdaptwam hour after food, no stimulants (chocolate was the absolute worst). Hopefully that will keep not going til you can see your doctor x

ugh I am doing all of those , I cannot consume any food except carbs or milk products, so garlic or fruit juices are not even on the cards for me, I just feel like my stomach is on fire half the time, I have drank more milk than there are cows in my town I think...

LOL! I had a laugh at the title because I was like, NO pregnant woman should be taking acid :haha: But I knew what you meant. Try calcium-magnesium drink or just plain magnesium. Helps with morning sickness so might help with acid reflux? Also there might be a food that's really bothering you while you're pregnant so try to keep track of what you eat and when the acid reflux is happening :)

I have over the counter effervescents, safe to take, and a friend gave me some of those Gaviscon sachets, but I tried one and it made me want to hurl.

Gaviscon is the freaking worst and not that effective. Just a note you've probably thought of it before but i had similar just unbearable pain like this last time, it turned out it was actually my gallbladder becoming full of stones and permanently contracted!!! Because i was pg they kept saying oh no its heartburn. Pregnancy can totally ruin your gallbladder, if it doesn't feel right then do keep pushing as it might not simply be an acid problem x

With my last pregnancy I had to use prilosec once daily, zantac twice daily, and reglan four times a day to not have horrible heartburn and to be able to eat at all. I have heard that milk will actually make the acid worse. Its okay at first and then it makes it worse. You might try a little apple cider vinager as it is rumored that this helps. I did feel better after eating some pickles.

Gaviscon is the freaking worst and not that effective.

Really? Glad that was my first and last sachet then :lol: The fizzy tablets from the pharmacy do the trick; it's eased off a lot now and I'm medicating with lemonade and burps :lol:

gaviscon used to help me for about 5 minutes relief. but after that, it was useless.

With my last pregnancy I had to use prilosec once daily, zantac twice daily, and reglan four times a day to not have horrible heartburn and to be able to eat at all. I have heard that milk will actually make the acid worse. Its okay at first and then it makes it worse. You might try a little apple cider vinager as it is rumored that this helps. I did feel better after eating some pickles.

I think I need a regimen like this ,because I can barely eat

also try some carbonated drinks - sugar free lemonade? helps settle the stomach x

I cant manage the fizz makes me feel worse

You could also take zantac over the counter. You can get prescriptions for ranitidine or omeprazole if its that awful. Also loads of tricks that you probably know to keep acid down, no spice, garlic, low fat, minimise citric acid, no fresh or diluting juices, keep upright or sat up straight for at jdaptwam hour after food, no stimulants (chocolate was the absolute worst). Hopefully that will keep not going til you can see your doctor x

I do this diet every day anyway, with the exception of garlic..doesnt seem to bother me..but no caffiene, no carbonation/citrus/chocolate, fried foods, and no tomatoes, avoiding full fat cheese and dairy...interestingly enough yogurt is a natural acid reducer, so that might be worth a shot..i rarely get acid reflux (though i love spices and cheese, so sommeeeetimessss.....:blush:)

I am having indigestion flashbacks ugh! Yeah fizzy drinks are the devil!

Same, or i sometimes get a craving for just a mouthful of coke. Just not worth it though

cherry aide helped me the other day, but that was only for a day haha x

Been suffering from acid in my stomach combined with a bit of nausea since week 5 , ive tried many many things , so far what works
Papaya
Pineapple (in moderation)
Ice sorbet
Probiotics
Grapes (cold)
Honey

What makes it worst
Salmon
Chocolate
Soy milk
Lying after eating
Meat
Black tea
Soy
Garlic
Onions
Tomatoes
Sugar

Papaya has been my life saver , def recommend it

Oh totally endorse the ranitidine. I suffered for almost 8 months last pregnancy and was getting through a big bottle of gaviscon every two days. Honestly, even dry toast would have me sitting in agony. The doctor wrote me a script for ranitidine, and the acid/heartburn was gone in an instant. I thought it was a miracle and actually cried with relief!! It's the first thing I'm asking the doctor for at my appointment later this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->