• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Extreme Bloating at 6 weeks- Help pls ladies, is this normal?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Im 6 weeks pregnant and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bloated and constipated.

I look a couple of months pregnant by the end of the day & i've already gained about 6-7 lbs.

Ive always been slim (size 8, 8 stone or just under) and I cant believe that Ive put on 6-7lbs already from the baby as he/she is the size of a grape!

Ive been really constipated ever since I found out I was pregnant and im so bloated its horrific - im hoping that this is the cause of the weight gain/already showing stomach!

I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this around 6 weeks? (for my own peace of mind I want to know this is normal) and I also wanted to ask when does the bloating & constipated stop?

Thanks

Trudie

hi there

I'm 6 weeks 1 day and I also get bloated but it's usually just after eating. I'm not bloated in the morning when I get up but after lunch and after dinner I bloat up and look about 5/6 months rather than 6 weeks! OH was joking that we won't be able to hide it!

I'm bloated too - already look a few months gone, and I'm only just reaching 7 weeks.
Slightly concerned people will start to suspect well before we tell them after 12 weeks, but I've also heard that it does get better. You certainly shouldn't swell up even more in the next few weeks, and will only start to show a bump that is actually the baby, nearer the 2nd trimester.
I haven't had a constipation problem, but I have always been a big water drinker. Only advice I can give is to try drinking more water and steer clear of fizzy drinks. I seem to get through about 3 litres a day, which my doctor was very happy about
:)

I'm very bloated too. My BF made a comment about my pants being tight last night (not in a nasty way, he was being sweet and came back with, you're pregnant, your pants are supposed to get tight). I haven't gained any weight yet, but my lower belly and boobs are sticking out much farther than usual!

It is definitely normal! I have had it since 5 weeks. I am the same as the previous poster. It isn't too bad when I wake up, but by evening I look HUGE.

Thanks ladies! im glad that im not the only one experiencing this!

I also have a flat tummy in the morning & look about 3 months by the evening! i think alot of mine is constipation as i suffer from IBS anyway, over the weekend the constipation has gone and its been replaced with the opposite *sorry TMI lol* and now my tummies flat again but i know it wont be long until the constipation cycle starts again!

Really hoping the bloating does go down in general soon :)

i look like i am 20 weeks! my pregnancy is NO secret!

Im having days where im bloated and look very pregnant and days where I actually feel quite skinny!!!

Its very strange!

days where I actually feel quite skinny!!!
I'd like days like that!
My days are mostly me wondering if I'll have to go to work in my PJ's because I can't do up any of my trousers!

I had to buy maternity trousers a few weeks ago because none of my regular trousers would do up!!! I've debloated a bit now (the maternity trousers are now loose) but I still look 20+ weeks gone! I hope it turns into baby soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"