Extreme Nausea Remedies?

ANL25

Reaction score
I am 7 weeks tomorrow. I have been so extremely nauseous for exactly one week. I work full time and I have two boys. I’m finding it so difficult to even get through my 9 hour work day. Thank goodness I have an amazing supportive hubby. Someone help me get out of bed and feel better, please! I’m currently on a progesterone suppository so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. I’m just wondering if you know of something that helped you so I could give it a try. At this point I’m going to try anything!

I am 7 weeks tomorrow. I have been so extremely nauseous for exactly one week. I work full time and I have two boys. I’m finding it so difficult to even get through my 9 hour work day. Thank goodness I have an amazing supportive hubby. Someone help me get out of bed and feel better, please! I’m currently on a progesterone suppository so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. I’m just wondering if you know of something that helped you so I could give it a try. At this point I’m going to try anything!

Lemonade to drink, sea bands on your wrists. Some like ginger ale.

I was also prescribed diclegis, although it makes you more tired, because it is basically Unisom sleep aid combined with vitamin B6. I take 2 diclegis at night and I haven’t thrown up since. I can’t function if I take it during the day.

Ginger had always helped me immensely, salty gummies have helped other ladies, bland crackers to nibble. I found my nausea was a lot less if I kept eating small things but regularly, like a slice of cheese and a few crackers or apple and peanut butter. Hope you get some relief soon! Mine peaked around 8 or 9 weeks.

When I was pregnant with DS, I should've bought stock in Preggie Pop Drops because I went through so many containers of them! They worked great for my nausea.

This pregnancy has been absolutely miserable, and I'm so nauseous that I can't even bear the Preggie Pop Drops. I tried a few different kinds of sour candies without any luck. Ginger gives me heartburn, lemon-lime soda is just too sweet, and really there's just been no winning. With DS, by this point in my pregnancy, I'd gained 7 pounds. This time around, I've lost 3 pounds. My best solution has just been to indulge my cravings and aversions and just eat whatever I can keep down at the moment. It's not ideal, but it's better than spending all day puking my guts out.

Thank you all! I’m not sure when I’ll see the light but I’m hoping soon. I had to leave work early yesterday I just couldn’t be at work anymore. This morning my doctors office called me back and they are prescribing Bonjesta? I believe that’s what it’s called. I’m hoping that gives me some relief!! Anything has to be better than what I’ve been feeling for the past week!

My doc offered to write me a prescription for my nausea, but I declined.

I hope that your new medication works well for you and that you're able to get back to work. :)

For me I'm finding that mint things work. Like Altoids or LifeSavers.

Also my Dr suggested taking 25mg of B6 three times a day, and taking Unisom once a day too.

I have been eating grapes and that helps me to some extent. Atleast I am able to pretend like things are normal at work. My nausea is just beginning to escalate. I am 6wk 2days today

Oh man, mint only makes it worse for me!

I bought a b-complex supplement to see if that would help. It seems to boost my energy a little bit, but doesn't have any noticeable effect on the nausea. :(

When does it start getting better? It’s literally all day of every day. It’s just so much! I know I’m the end it’ll be worth it but it’s taking a huge toll on me! I’ve stopped taking the medicine since it hasn’t helped at all!

I’m 6.5 weeks and I’m gagging/dry heaving rather than actually throwing up. I can’t even tell anyone at work or among friends that I’m pregnant! It’s definitely not easy but I’m happy to have some symptoms as it makes me feel more confident that everything is going fine.

When does it start getting better? It’s literally all day of every day. It’s just so much! I know I’m the end it’ll be worth it but it’s taking a huge toll on me! I’ve stopped taking the medicine since it hasn’t helped at all!

They typically say it gets better around the end of the first trimester, but some women stay sick through their entire pregnancy! With DS, I was sick until about halfway through the second trimester.

I missed half a week of work last week due to very suddenly getting so incredibly nauseated. Called my Dr and she sent me some Diclegic and Zofran, both of which have been miraculous.

Yes I’ve been missing so much work! I hope it gets better for you. I thought I was getting a bit better Saturday, and then Sunday my face was in the toilet the entire day! Come on second trimester!!!

B6 helps my nausea quite a bit. I first started the B6 from a chewable tablet with folate+B12. I also ordered Sparkling Mama's Morning Sickness Relief (full of B6 and other things) from Amazon. Sparkling Mama's is a powder you add to a glass of cold water. I have raspberry+mint, but there's also citrus+ginger.

I was down five pounds from not being able to eat anything but pureed fruit/veggie pouches, but now I can kind of eat like a normal person again.

I tried B6 (as part of a B-complex vitamin) and it didn't do anything for me. It seemed to give my energy levels a slight boost, but I think it actually made the nausea worse.

I'm about 15.5 weeks now and I feel like the nausea is improving slightly at this point. When it gets bad, it gets worse than ever, but I'm not spending all day battling my stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->