Extreme Night Sweats 10 weeks HELP!

lovingmama6

Reaction score
Currently 10 weeks pregnant have been having terrible night sweats. Does anyone have natural remedy or know what is causing this? I dread sleeping at night,at what point will it stop! Advise is much need

I have this from time to time as well. I had it before I got pregnant and I think it might be a side effect of one of my medications. I try to make sure I put my hair in a ponytail, wear very light PJ's (I can't sleep nude), sleeveless tops, make sure I have nice threadcount "cool to the touch" sheets and a cotton pillow case. Try not to have anything that is flannel, or "t-shirt" material on the bed cause that seems to make me hotter when I sleep.

I also keep the upstairs at 68 degrees when we sleep. That seems to help a bit but even with that sometimes I still wake up all wet. I used to freak out thinking I had a fever and was trying to break it during my sleep but a quick temperature check disproved that.

I haven't found anything else that helps other than what I listed though... maybe other people have some better ideas.

Ugh! Night sweats are the worst! I've been having them for a week now and I'm only 6 weeks. The past 2 nights they haven't been as bad since I put a fan right next to my bed. I also try to readjust myself a lot so my body can cool down...doesn't take them away but it helps me get some sleep. When they get really bad I just say screw it and put a towel down on my bed and sleep on that! It seems to absorb the sweat better so I'm not sleeping in a pool of water on my sheet....ugh it grosses me out! Hopefully it passes soon! The joys of pregnancy! :wacko:

I think it's a sign of high progesterone, so it's a good thing, even if uncomfortable. ..

Try a wet rag on your forehead or neck! And a fan close to your bed. I use both of these methods for my night sweats and when all else fails I end up sleeping naked on the bathroom tiles *TMI sorry* you have never felt relief like chilled bathroom tiles at 4am...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->