EXTREME pressure in private area

heather91

Preggers with 2nd
Reaction score
For all of today I've had a feeling of massive pressure in my private area. It's really painful and worse when Im walking (to the point i can barely walk at all) :cry:. For about 3 days I've felt like a need to go for a #2 constantly and put it down to piles, but I dont know if it's connected. I'm in so much pain and I'm not sure who I should contact if anyone :shrug: Advice anyone?

Maybe go get it checked out just for peace of mind. I'm sure its fine but I had this feeling of pressure (like the baby was about to fall out) about the 2 weeks leading upto my waters breaking as her head was nestling down and starting to engage. Def worth getting checked out. Would take a MW 2 seconds to have a feel and let you know if your LO is engaged or w/e so don't feel like youre wasting anyones time. Thats what theyre there for.

Where should I go? I never had any problems like this during my last pregnancy, I never even called the midwife out of hours. I'm not usually one to complain but the pain is really bad, it's not something I felt until the last 2 weeks with Tiff.

i have this to i know just how you feel honestly i was cooking dinner last night and crying at the same time because of the pain i have told my MW and they said its because baby is sooo low down and pressing on everything and having SPD only makes it worse im sure ur LO is low to and that's what is causing it but still get checked to put ur mind at rest i was giving pain killers and have to take them they do help for a while i hope u feel better soon it really ain't nice Ive had it for 2 weeks now and each day gets worse so i hope little man comes soon i hope you get some where with it i would not want u to suffer the pain for all the weeks u have left good luck hun xxx

Def get it checked out although it sounds like an amplified version of what's normal. I have had a lot of pressure in the pelvic area including my groin and my bits and it only seems to be when i walk or stand. I went to go and she immediately referred me to the maternity hospitals physio. I have heard if you phone the Maternity hospitals usually between 9 and 1pm there are on-call physics you can ask for directly and be seen quicker. My gp stated that the pelvic bones soften to accommodate and or expand for baby andin some people this can be at an accelerated pace and cause discomfort. So def see gp at least and if you can phone a physio directly. Hope that helps!? Xx

Thanks girls. I'll give it a couple of hours and if the paracetemol don't work at all or it gets worse I'll ring the hospital. I'm scared that I'll see them and they'll say I have an incompetent cervix or something and put me on bedrest or try and keep me in hospital. I have a 2 year old that just isn't possible for me! x

I'm having this same pressure as well as lower back pain, hip pain and inner leg pain it hurts to walk or move around in bed... I posted about this yesterday but only got 1 response so not sure what it could be... I called the doctor today and was told to go to labor and delivery so I will be heading out when hubby gets off work. I'm 35 wks and 4 days!

Thanks girls. I'll give it a couple of hours and if the paracetemol don't work at all or it gets worse I'll ring the hospital. I'm scared that I'll see them and they'll say I have an incompetent cervix or something and put me on bedrest or try and keep me in hospital. I have a 2 year old that just isn't possible for me! x

You should get it checked out even though it can be normal:thumbup: I completely understand the bed rest thing as I was worried about the same when I had my contractions stopped twice early on. I have 4 kiddos and I though I couldn't be on bed rest but you do what you have to do hun.

as you're only 26wks I would call and explain what you're feeling, then they can decide what to do from there. I know I've been feeling plenty of pressure down there especially when I walk a while but my LO is engaging. Periodically I get sharp shooting pains in my bits too that's rather uncomfortable, but again I think it's LO pushing on nerves and causing that.

Hope your pain subsides...if not give them a call and fill us in on what you find out.

I had this both pregnancies of mine. Are you standing a lot?

I have been expierencing similar pains in my area. For some it may be TMI, but I woud like to describe it in as much detail as possible. The pain is located in my labia majora (feels like the pain is deep inside) and spreads to my hips.
It is at its worst when I am walking. My little boy is also lying very low, could that have something to do with the pain?

Today I also had a lot of mucus coming out. Does that sound normal to you. Just would like to get some piece of mind. If the majority of the ladies here has these symptoms I assume this is a normal part of pregnancy.

Please share your thoughts!!!

Cloe :shipw:

it sounds like your baby is engaging, cos im feeling the same pains etc and my baby is engaged but im alot further on then you so definatly get it checked out.xx

also baby is really low too and pushing down alot thats causing my pain aswell.xx

I have been expierencing similar pains in my area. For some it may be TMI, but I woud like to describe it in as much detail as possible. The pain is located in my labia majora (feels like the pain is deep inside) and spreads to my hips.
It is at its worst when I am walking. My little boy is also lying very low, could that have something to do with the pain?

Today I also had a lot of mucus coming out. Does that sound normal to you. Just would like to get some piece of mind. If the majority of the ladies here has these symptoms I assume this is a normal part of pregnancy.

same as above comment on prev post but the mucus thing sounds like your plug, you should get checked out too with you been early on.xx

Im having pains that feel like contractions today but also have a dodgy tummy so could be that! Think ill head to hosp later when DD is in bed. Wish my body could let me know what's going on! X

same as above comment on prev post but the mucus thing sounds like your plug, you should get checked out too with you been early on.xx

Thank you so much for your reply! My OB/GYN is on sick leave until June 16th and I only got an appointment scheduled for June 17th. I will try to get an appointment with another doctor at my hospital. The pain is getting worse with every day and the huge amount of mucus is irretating.

Thanks again for your response! :flower:

Cloe

Just wanted to update you all... I went to the hospital yesterday and everything was looking perfect with baby they even checked my urine for infection I wasn't having any real contractions but I was having some braxton hicks... Everything came back clear and my cervix is still closed! Apparently it's just one of those pregnancy things that I have to deal with...

Just wanted to update you all... I went to the hospital yesterday and everything was looking perfect with baby they even checked my urine for infection I wasn't having any real contractions but I was having some braxton hicks... Everything came back clear and my cervix is still closed! Apparently it's just one of those pregnancy things that I have to deal with...

I am so glad to hear everything is OK! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->