Extremely confused with last night's ultrasound.

AlliW1013

Reaction score
Last night I went to the ER at the request of a nurse related to the light spotting I'm having, just to make sure I wasn't having another miscarriage. When the doctor did the Transabdominal Ultrasound, he was making extremely confused faces and tilting his head right and left, jabbing the probe into my abdomen like he was trying to see something (like, hard enough to be painful). I asked him if he saw anything (wasn't expecting him to say anything) and he goes "Well I definitely see something, but I have no idea what it is because it's too early to tell and they don't do Transvaginal's this early" (which is a blatant lie because they did it when I was 4 weeks 6 days and miscarrying). So my question for the people on this forum is could he have possibly seen something like my Gestational Sac this early with only an external ultrasound? I'd appreciate some input c:.

There might not be anything to see at just 5 weeks along. My earliest ultrasound was 5w6d, and I saw everything, but it was transvaginal. I had my earliest abdominal ultrasound at 8 weeks along, and it was a bunch of blurry blobs. I seriously wouldn't worry one bit about not being able to see much - or anything - so early on. I also want to add that this is my fourth pregnancy, and I have 3 kids and am about to give birth. I have had spotting throughout the first trimester with every single pregnancy. All healthy babies. I know it is impossible to stop worrying, but spotting usually isn't a problem.

There might not be anything to see at just 5 weeks along. My earliest ultrasound was 5w6d, and I saw everything, but it was transvaginal. I had my earliest abdominal ultrasound at 8 weeks along, and it was a bunch of blurry blobs. I seriously wouldn't worry one bit about not being able to see much - or anything - so early on. I also want to add that this is my fourth pregnancy, and I have 3 kids and am about to give birth. I have had spotting throughout the first trimester with every single pregnancy. All healthy babies. I know it is impossible to stop worrying, but spotting usually isn't a problem.

I don't know what the doc would have saw then :\ if it's to small to tell. And the spotting isn't worrying me as bad since it's still light and I have no cramps along with it. But I'm terrified of getting my second Beta and having them tell me that my hormones aren't going up like they should :(. I'm crossing my fingers that everything is perfectly fine and I end up having a healthy baby.

I would agree.

Can't see too much on ultrasound at 4w6d. They might've seen a sac or something but it's best to wait until at least 6w and get a transvaginal.

My u/s with my son was at 6w2d and we saw a baby with a heartbeat. Same drill this time around... u/s at 6w5d and I'm expecting to see everything and be dated. Again, it will be transvaginal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->