EXTREMELY light period - has anyone experienced this post BCP?

DecemberWait

Reaction score
I had my daughter in March of 2014. My husband and I want to TTC #2. It took us a year to get pregnant with my daughter. I stopped the pill in November, had my normal bleed and then definitely ovulated on CD17. Well, the last 4 days I've had my "period" aka basically spotting bright red, in the morning I have about a TBSP of blood in the toilet and then it tapers off. This was not like a normal period at all. Unfortunately Dr. Google seems to indicate that some women react badly to coming off of the pill, and that light periods and thin lining and low progesterone are all post-pill issues. I am already taking B-Complex to lengthen my LP. Will these extremely light periods make it impossible to conceive? Was that even my period? I seriously only needed a panty liner at most. I had so many issues TTC my daughter but always had a healthy flow each month and I was very regular :( to think I will go through that again PLUS this additional issue is really stressing me out :( :( anyone else experience these freakishly light periods post-pill? Oddly, I never had this when I went off of the pill to conceive my daughter. Always healthy, robust and normal periods. Thanks in advance <3

were you trying to have a baby last month? If so, it could be implantation bleeding?

No - BCP tends to thin my lining and I didn't want to try the first month and end up with a chemical (I am prone to them). As it turns out, it was just spotting and then last night my AF came FULL force (had to change my pad in the middle of the night). And full force all day today. So that means I must be CD2 today which actually lines up perfectly with my ovulation last month :) I am not too happening about 3 days of spotting before CD1 - I started B-Complex so hopefully this will help my LP to be a bit stronger this cycle :) fingers crossed for this cycle!!

I just had my first period off the pill (not including the first withdrawal bleed) last cycle, and I experienced 3 days of spotting before a 5 day period, and 2 days more after! I am hoping it was just because it was the first real period in a long time. If the same thing happens this month, I should start spotting tomorrow. Fx it stops for both of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->