EXTREMELY painful cramps after sex??

J_Lynn

My daughter, my miracle
Reaction score
Ok, last night after we had sex - I almost instantly had the most horrifically painful cramps I have ever had. I was crying, couldn't breathe, had to take a naproxen, throw a heating pad on me and just cried and cried. It started to hurt like cramps when he was all the way inside me, and while the hubby isn't a small man by any means he hasn't ever caused any pain like that.

My period is going to be starting like any day now, at least it should be unless its messed up again, and for the last two days I have been getting the little phantom cramps I get before my cycle usually starts - has anyone else ever had this happen? DH wanted to rush me to the emergency room, it scared the crap out of him.

I remember hearing somewhere that your cervix moves and gets softer when your cycle starts? Is that accurate? Could hitting the cervix cause that pain? It kinda worries me because it was worse than my LEEP pain. No joke, it was like the LEEP and HSG all together for about 30min :/ So before I freak out and call my doctors nurse Tuesday after the holiday I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this before.

No one? :( I have to wait till Tuesday to call, and it's driving me crazy .... :(

Hello!!! I have had that happen to me more then once. The pain was so bad that I couldn't get up. Then for a few days after it would still hurt and I would be bloated. I am not sure what it is. I had it happen to me a few years ago and I went to the hospital... (they tried to tell me I was constipated and had a UTI) I didn't have either. My personal opinion of what happened to me the first time it happened was a cyst bursting. I don't think that is what you are having. I didn't have insurance either times I went, so I don't think they wanted to diagnose me correctly. I hope your doctor has an answer for you. And if so, let me know please.

When that happened to me it turned out that I had a really large cyst.

I agree with the other ladies on here I had the same exact thing happen to me also and it turns out I has ruptured a cyst. I had many cysts and I took birth control for 6 months and was fine. Of course since your ttc provera (not depo provera some people mistake them) can also take care of any cysts without preventing pregnancy.

It was different than a cyst feeling, but maybe that's what it was. That's the most logical answer, I believe. I swear if my cysts are back after being so well under control - I am going to sell my ovaries in the black market. I'm so sick of dealing with them LOL

Well, looks like I will find out Tuesday for sure.... ill make an appointment and go in that afternoon. Pain hasn't come back yet - it kinda feels like I have a pulled muscle though. It's so weird!

Being a woman really is too much work sometimes.

Hi J_Lynn, Just curious what you found out? I know this is an old post but I'm going through the same thing and I'm anxious for my appointment next week. I'm a few weeks late right now but getting BFN and having that experience last night scared me a bit.

I used to get that and still do. Mine is down to endo. When my pain flares up I can't have sex or do anything that will lead to me having mine (iykwim) it brings on these horrific cramps that render me useless and after them I feel like iv done a million sit ups and the muscles just ache (im assuming its the muscles around my uterus)

It's horrible and not normal so don't put up with it, pain killers don't touch my pain at all it just goes ok its own. Go to ur Dr if u get this regularly xx

Hi J_Lynn, Just curious what you found out? I know this is an old post but I'm going through the same thing and I'm anxious for my appointment next week. I'm a few weeks late right now but getting BFN and having that experience last night scared me a bit.

I ended up having endometriosis - I had surgery Dec 17th of last year and they removed it all; it was found after my doctor suggested it prior to getting more in-depth with the fertility treatments, as he said we really needed to find out everything that was wrong before we started treating for one thing when the cause could be another - so I ended up having surgery and they discovered that I did in fact, have endo. It was VERY light, it was the lowest level endometriosis that you can have - but it was enough to cause some problems. So we are very sure that this was in fact the reason for the severe cramping!

Also, the only part that sucks about endometriosis is that the only way they have to actually know for sure if you have it or not is to do the exploritory surgery. We did my laproscopy with an in-depth HSG (I've had two of those - the first time, the tubes were not cleared fully, and the 2nd time he went in with the tool to clear them manually - so they were free flowing after that!), and a D&C. It was expensive, it was $18k but insurance covered all but $1k of it - but it was worth it. They ended up finding out I had endo (I had a lot of symptoms, so my doctor was fairly positive I did, but again there's no 100% way of knowing unless they do the laproscopy). It was a few weeks of recovery, and some really good pain killers - but it was worth it. 6 months later I got my BFP so I don't regret it for a second!

Ur endo sounds similar to mine. I have lots of symptoms but mine is only mild too. The pain I gets is crazy, never felt anything like it. The only problem for me is that surgery doesn't help me, pain comes right back.

It's lovely to hear success stories of endo and pregnancy. How has it been since havin a baby? Iv heard it can improve things lots xx

Thank you - I have an appointment next week. Now I'm a liitle more nervous that it could be endo. I've never really had symptoms but then again I've been on birth control more than 10 years and only off the pill for 9 months now. I'm now 3 weeks late as each day goes by just hoping its something good rather than bad. But who knows, I guess I will find out! Thanks again and congrats to you on upcoming arrival! :)

Itsnowmyturn - I haven't had any problems once it was removed; even so far during my pregnancy, I haven't had any issues. The doctor is pretty confident that I shouldn't have a problem with it again since it was literally just barely there. That one time for those pains were all I needed though, I have never in my life felt pain like that! I thought my insides were being twisted around - oh it was horrible!! But nothing since, so I'm hoping that after the baby is born I will have no more problems. Keeping my fingers crossed!!! We have been through so much to try and get this little one, so I don't want to deal with more crap after!!

Danielle - I hope they can find the issue!! I have horrible PCOS and was also on the pill for about 10 years, and that actually caused more issues for me due to the fact that all my infertility issues and signs of problems just got covered up by the pill. I will never again take BC again; it crushed me that the doctors could have been fixing my problems all these years and instead just pretty much told me to shit up and take a pill. Blah! lol

Please update after your appointment :))

UPDATE: I saw the doc this week and she guessed that the pain I experienced was from a cyst bursting and possibly re-absorbing, hence the fact that there was no bleeding. I'm at CD 62 now and still no sign of a period coming. I'm usually have a 35 day cycle. I had a blood test and if it came back negative, she was going to prescribe Provera. I had the test on Wednesday and when I didn't hear back, I called in on Friday. The receptionist told me results came back good on everything and my HCG was at a level 2, which she thought was negative, and she would have the doctor call me. In May I had a blood test and it was 0. Unfortunately, the doc didn't make it around to call me and now I have to wait out the weekend.

Lots of questions now....did I ovulate late and blood test was done at really early stage? Did I have a Chemical Pregnancy? Do levels fluctuate throughout the cycle? Is it possible the cyst caused this? A little confused :-/

J_Lynn-
Just curious to know how old you were when all of this happened? I am having very similar troubles and am 31/32.

Just read messages and it sound like me, I have a little endo and I used to only get pain on my period, it is awful, feels like from half up my thigh to my belly button someone is twisting my insides round! But recently having it after sex, once you had the laparoscopy did the pain go away? My doc seems to think once I have kids the pain should ease, but I'm not convinced! How did you find ttc ? Did it take a while? Did you manage to sort the pain?

J_Lynn-
Just curious to know how old you were when all of this happened? I am having very similar troubles and am 31/32.

I was 28 :) It was horrible. I am so glad my endo is gone. I hope it NEVER grows back ... it was the worst thing ever!

Just read messages and it sound like me, I have a little endo and I used to only get pain on my period, it is awful, feels like from half up my thigh to my belly button someone is twisting my insides round! But recently having it after sex, once you had the laparoscopy did the pain go away? My doc seems to think once I have kids the pain should ease, but I'm not convinced! How did you find ttc ? Did it take a while? Did you manage to sort the pain?

The pain never came back again after the lap removed it. With the endo, my doctor is confident I would have never conceived - but I also had other issues. But, it was worth every minute of the surgery having it removed alone. Even if it wouldn't have helped me get pregnant, there was no way I could have lived with that pain for long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->