Eye color

Bellylicious

Reaction score
Hi guys,

When is true eye color established? With my first 2 girls, their eyes went from a dark grey to brown within a few months. Same as their dads color.

My third girl has blue grey eyes at 7 months. Will they stay blue? My mum had blue eyes and I have hazel.

My mum passed in 2007 so If my daughter has my mums eyes I would be rapt.

Thanks

Not too sure on this as my LO's eyes are really dark brown with dark blue round the edge! lol OH has blue eyes but mine are almost black! So his could go either way...But your LO's eyes may stay like that now as iv been told they get a 'true' colour around 2 months.

Hope this helps x

I've been wondering this too. Sofia is 4 months now and her eyes are blue still, same as mine. They were darker when she was born but have lightened slightly, towards my shade. I'm still wondering if they'll change. She was born with black hair too which is getting lighter and lighter and it will be really weird if she suddenly has different hair and eye colour!

Theakston were navy and at about 6 weeks they started turning bright blue. They're now bright blue in the middle bleeding into navy around the outside.

Máilie's are blue, well ones blue and the other is 3 quarters blue and a quarter brown lol!

I'm not sure either, Seren's havn't changed colour since she was born and she's over 9months, I really hope they dont' change because I love the colour.

my daughters eye colour is brown and has been since about 4 months old (ish) lol
i have green eyes as do the majority of my siblings but they only turned green at around 2 - 2 and 1/2 from being blue xxx

It's about 3 years that the absolute final shade is established but they start changing around 6 months usually. Byron's haven't changed at all yet.

The true eye colour should be there between 9 months and 1 year although they can turn before that obviously, believe me I know this as I have googled endlessly to find out if Caidan's eyes could still turn brown, which they could as he is only 11 weeks and his eyes are not lightening up at all.

However, from personal experience, my niece's eyes turned from blue to hazel at age 7 and my daughter's eyes turned from blue to green at age 11.

Go figure!! Lol!

Green is the rarest colour right? And blue is basically no pigment in the iris?

Would be nice if Sofia kept her colour - DH especially wants her to as he's from a Mexican/Italian family so would be only one on his side with colour other than black/brown.
I find it hilarious, he reckons his eyes are green, they're what we'd call hazel but because his mum had never seen eyes that weren't dark like hers she always told him they're green. We have "debates" about it quite often ;)

Would be nice if Sofia kept her colour - DH especially wants her to as he's from a Mexican/Italian family so would be only one on his side with colour other than black/brown.
I find it hilarious, he reckons his eyes are green, they're what we'd call hazel but because his mum had never seen eyes that weren't dark like hers she always told him they're green. We have "debates" about it quite often ;)

Lol!!!

I have hazel/brown eyes, my fiance has blue eyes but I would dearly love it if Caidan's eyes go brown or hazel just to shut my fiances mum up as I am fed up with being told everything about Caidan is 'just like his daddy' whether it is or not!! If he ends up with brown eyes then she cant say his eyes are just like his daddy's. Sad I know but it is REALLY beginning to annoy me big style!
Actually, she is one of those people that would likely say 'Oh, he must get his brown eyes from my granny' or something ridiculous like that!!!

Am I bad??

xxx

Lol!!!

I have hazel/brown eyes, my fiance has blue eyes but I would dearly love it if Caidan's eyes go brown or hazel just to shut my fiances mum up as I am fed up with being told everything about Caidan is 'just like his daddy' whether it is or not!! If he ends up with brown eyes then she cant say his eyes are just like his daddy's. Sad I know but it is REALLY beginning to annoy me big style!
Actually, she is one of those people that would likely say 'Oh, he must get his brown eyes from my granny' or something ridiculous like that!!!

Am I bad??

xxx

Nope, not bad! My MIL doesn't say anything about Sofia looking like Miguel (in fact pushes the point she looks nothing like him so much I'm beginning to wonder what she's insinuating...!!) but she's equally annoying in other ways and I relish "getting one up" however childish that may be!

Lol!!!

Am I bad??

xxx

Nope, not bad! My MIL doesn't say anything about Sofia looking like Miguel (in fact pushes the point she looks nothing like him so much I'm beginning to wonder what she's insinuating...!!) but she's equally annoying in other ways and I relish "getting one up" however childish that may be!

So glad it's not just me who is like that! I am almost at the point of reminding her that I was more than just a bit part player in his creation!!

I am sure your MIL is not insinuating anything, at least I hope not :)

xxx

I want Byron's eyes to turn brown like mine. He seems to look nothing like me at all! Though he does have my hands.

I want Byron's eyes to turn brown like mine. He seems to look nothing like me at all! Though he does have my hands.

Are they still blue? What shade? Dark or light?

xxx

Are they still blue? What shade? Dark or light?

xxx

Still the same dark blue he was born with really. My Mum thought they were dark enough when he was born that they'd turn brown but now she thinks they'll be blue. But they haven't really changed at all.

We've a baby friend who's eyes began to turn green around the pupil around 9 months so maybe Byron's will go soon.

It's definitely possible if they havent lightened up at all that they could still go brown or hazel. Fingers crossed!!

xxx

I dont know.. Liam still has bright blue eyes my OH has brown and i have greeny/blue :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->