Eye colour

LuluBee

Mummy to Alex
Reaction score
When do babies eye colour change? I was expecting that by nearly 3 months Alex's eyes would have at least started to change colour - my eyes are green and my husband's are brown but Alex's are still a very pale blue??????

I don't particularly mind what colour they end up I guess I'm just getting impatient to know :rofl: Can you tell when they're starting to change colour or does it just happen overnight?

apparently the colour doesnt stop changing etc until their first birthday - so until then it's anyones guess :)

I'm not sure, I think it's by around 6 months that they are done changing? But Kathryn's eyes stared as a drak steel color which have gradually lightened and now they are blue.

AJ's are still blue.
Me and OH both have brown eyes.

Peyton is 9 months and he has blue eyes. OH and I have both have hazel eyes. (My sister and dad both have blue eyes though).

courtneys have been brown since birth and have stayed that way!!
saw a hint of blue at birth but not much!! they are definetly brown!!

They should have their eye colour by 8 months, but they can slighty change after that.

I looked this up a while ago, most mums said around one as did my MW but some said theres didn't till 2/3 :o

I really expected Lola's eyes to start getting darker after 6 months but nope. They are still blue and getting even lighter.

I have dark brown eyes, her dad has blue and apparently she took after him.

Jacks went from very blue to very brown and they appear to have stopped now x

I posted something similair when my baby was first born. I remember someone said that the colour their eyes are on their first birthday is often the colour they will stay. She either said she was an optician or worked in one. I had googled it previously and most places said they could change at any time of life!

zanes eyes were dark blue at birth and he still has the same colour eyes. me n oh both have blue eyes too.

kai went to bed one night with blue/grey eyes and got up next orning with dark brown...he was 4 months old...was very shocking indeed lol i heard they can be changeable til 6 months

Ellies eyes are still a steel grey colour now! Ive got dark brown eyes and oh has hazel eyes. They dont look like they are finished to me i cant wait tio see how they will turn out!

Lucy's eyes have stayed as bright blue as the say she was born, I have bluey green eyes (mainly green i think) and her dad has brown eyes so its anyones guess as to why hers are bright blue!

They start changing about 6 months but do not reach their absolute final shade until about 3 years. It's exposure to daylight that stimulates the pigments that alter the shade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->